• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Zimbabwe in New Zealand 2012

Flem274*

123/5
I hope we don't enforce the follow on and put another 500 runs on the board.
:laugh:

Squadzzzz

ODI squad
Brendon McCullum (c) – Otago Volts
Michael Bates – Auckland Aces
Doug Bracewell – Central Stags
Dean Brownlie – Canterbury Wizards
Andrew Ellis – Canterbury Wizards
Martin Guptill – Auckland Aces
Tom Latham – Cantebury Wizards
Nathan McCullum – Otago Volts
Kyle Mills – Auckland Aces
Tarun Nethula – Central Stags
Rob Nicol – Canterbury Wizards
Jacob Oram – Central Stags
Tim Southee – Northern Knights
Kane Williamson – Northern Knights

Twenty20 squad
Brendon McCullum (c) – Otago Volts
Michael Bates – Auckland Aces
Doug Bracewell – Central Stags
Dean Brownlie – Canterbury Wizards
Colin de Grandhomme – Auckland Aces
James Franklin – Wellington Firebirds
Martin Guptill – Auckland Aces
Ronnie Hira – Auckland Aces
Nathan McCullum – Otago Volts
Kyle Mills – Auckland Aces
Rob Nicol – Canterbury Wizards
Jacob Oram – Central Stags
Tim Southee – Northern Knights
Kane Williamson – Northern Knights

Last edited:

thierry henry

International Coach
Can't believe this actually happened tbh, followed Ronnie's career cos I knew him and Nethula's career cos he was a gun when I played him 12 years ago, I never thought Nethula was even gonna crack FC cricket and they're both BCs. NZ cricket is a very small world I suppose.

Mike5181

International Captain
Latham is pretty much assured a spot in the entire ODI series judging by the batsmen in that squad.

thierry henry

International Coach
Just realized De Grandhomme got picked, yikes.

We are picking a bloke who goes for 10 an over and has a high score of 40, FML

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What do people make of the fact that Southee hasn't bowled yet? Confirmation that is now lowest in the pecking order?

Athlai

Not Terrible
What do people make of the fact that Southee hasn't bowled yet? Confirmation that is now lowest in the pecking order?
lol na.

Confirmation that they were going to bowl him with the wind at his back but then decided to let Boult have a go from that end after making a breakthrough.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
If Zimbabwe weren't 20/5 he would have been given the ball by now, but they're just rolling with the red hot bowlers imo.
Martin gets the new ball and Boult is particularly good with it too, so that makes sense. Was surprised he wasn't first change ahead of Bracewell.

Edit: Yeah could be due to ends bowling from as Athlai sez

Last edited: