• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**Zimbabwe in Bangladesh Thread

Slow Love™

International Captain
Congratulations Bangladesh!

Can't believe how convincing this particular victory was. Wake-up call for Zimbabwe, indeed.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bryce said:
interesting to see how rafique and ahmed approach the consistently economical utseya
They didn't need to do anything - that showed why Utseya isn't as good as some people make out - the situation was crying out for wickets, not a bowler that can be put away for 3 or 4 an over with little trouble.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
It was South Africa who beat Pakistan in 2002-2003, win a five-match ODI series after being 2-0 down for the first time in history.

Hasib said:
Does anyone know when was the first time?

bryce

International Regular
marc71178 said:
They didn't need to do anything - that showed why Utseya isn't as good as some people make out - the situation was crying out for wickets, not a bowler that can be put away for 3 or 4 an over with little trouble.
yes well he would not be very useful in that situation(as he wasn't) but in a different situation like when runs need to be scored(middle of a first innings, tying down a chasing team) he would normally be rather useful, i was more interested in seeing if they would try to keep scoring at that rate but they done the sensible thing and just steadied it

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be honest, I'm not so sure a bowler that is so unpenetrative is that great.

If a side is only a couple down and can take 35-40 runs from his 10 overs without loss then you have 2 batsmen who are well set entering the late overs - and that is a recipe for a big score.

bryce

International Regular
marc71178 said:
To be honest, I'm not so sure a bowler that is so unpenetrative is that great.

If a side is only a couple down and can take 35-40 runs from his 10 overs without loss then you have 2 batsmen who are well set entering the late overs - and that is a recipe for a big score.
yeah that's right, i suppose the only positive you can get from that is a personal one by only going for 3 point whatever an over

Hasib

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
Sad isn't it..
Why is it that when ever bangladesh does well its bad? No, don't start talking about the "Quality of World Cricket"...coz there has always been strong teams and weak teams... this is noting new.

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Hasib said:
Why is it that when ever bangladesh does well its bad? No, don't start talking about the "Quality of World Cricket"...coz there has always been strong teams and weak teams... this is noting new.
He was not saying it was bad when Bangladesh does well, he just meant it was sad that you were suggesting for everyone to just forget about Australia because Bangladesh is better. Nothing wrong with your patriotism but there is a line between patriotism and silliness and you crossed it. Bangladesh is improving but it still has a HUGE way to go. Don't forget how weak this Zimbabwe team was. A full string Zimbabwe hardly ever lost to Bangladesh.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
come on guys, he was just too excited and I am sure he didn't mean it.

On another note, If I remember correctly, last year Bangladesh played against so called "full strength" Zimbabwe team. They won one match and rest of the matches were also very close. It was Heath Streak who saved Zimabwe in all of the matches. He was the only differnece between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe team. The scorecard will tell that.

Zimbabwe was one man show then. And still they are one man show(now it is Taibu).

Duncan said:
He was not saying it was bad when Bangladesh does well, he just meant it was sad that you were suggesting for everyone to just forget about Australia because Bangladesh is better. Nothing wrong with your patriotism but there is a line between patriotism and silliness and you crossed it. Bangladesh is improving but it still has a HUGE way to go. Don't forget how weak this Zimbabwe team was. A full string Zimbabwe hardly ever lost to Bangladesh.

Hasib

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Duncan... I wrote that during the thrashing Rafique and Aftab was giving to the Zimbabweans... if u were following the game as I have... u wud have known exactly what I meant.

Oh yeah and that guy was annoyed when Bangladesh beat India...

Furthermore, as Crickmate pointed out, we had a fairly compatitive series against the "full" strenght Zimbabwean side.

I wud also like to let u know that Zimbabwe A went to Bangladesh to play against Bangladesh A shortly after that series (this was b4 the crisis) Bangladesh won the 4 day match series 1-0 and the one day seres 3-2 (sounds fimiliar doesn't it ;) )

Last edited: