• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official**Zimbabwe in Bangladesh Thread

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
hey cricmate you are right that the team batting first has won always,but Bangladesh has comeback so well in the series that this team desrves to win.I think they will reach the target and emerge as the series winner.I suppose Bangladesh is far better team than Zimbabawe(atleast at the moment).So i think Bangladesh will win.....

crickmate

U19 12th Man
Bangladesh 71/1 (8.2 ov)
Bangladesh RR: 8.52

They are just smashing Zim

Mohammad Rafique (LHB) 24 18 2 2 133.33 Striker
Aftab Ahmed (RHB) 41 24 6 2 170.83 Non-striker

crickmate

U19 12th Man
they are still smashing, looks like zimbabwe are spellbound by the Bangladeshi batsman's attacking mode:

Bangladesh 108/1 (13 ov)
Bangladesh RR: 8.38
Required RR: 2.43

Batsmen: R B 4s 6s S/R
Aftab Ahmed (RHB) 56 38 8 2 147.37 Striker
Mohammad Rafique (LHB) 39 32 3 3 121.88 Non-striker

Last edited:

bryce

International Regular
interesting to see how rafique and ahmed approach the consistently economical utseya

Hasib

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
end of a great partnership... Rafique gone for 72... partnership of 150... a Bangladeshi record.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
and Bangladesh won in style. They literally smashed Zimabwe.

Zimbabwe 198 (49 ov)
Bangladesh 202/2 (33.0 ov)

Bangladesh innings R B 4 6
Mohammad Rafique c Utseya b Chigumbura 72 66 7 4
Nafis Iqbal b Panyangara 9 10 2 0
Aftab Ahmed not out 81 87 10 2
*Habibul Bashar not out 34 37 6 0

Steulen

International Regular
What's all this about Rafique opening the batting? Has he done that before? Will he be a genuine ODI opener in the future?

Hasib

Steulen said:
What's all this about Rafique opening the batting? Has he done that before? Will he be a genuine ODI opener in the future?
Yeah he opened b4... scored 77... in our first ever win... which was against Kenya... this was in 1998... he has opened in recent time... but until now, failed.

As for openning in the future... he is close to retiring time so don't think so... but for now a good back up opener (ta)

crickmate

U19 12th Man
First he was tried as an opener agains Kenya long ago, he scored 70 runs on that match.
Then after a long time last year he opened for the second time, this time against Newzeland, he scored 25 on that match.

Then this year he was given the opportunity to open against India in 2 mathces, but did not click then.

Now he again scored 72.

I always think he should be played as an opener. If he clicks opponents will be in deep trouble.

crickmate

U19 12th Man
can you believe it? this is the second time in the cricket history that any team won the series from 0-2 behind.

Hasib

crickmate said:
can you believe it? this is the second time in the cricket history that any team won the series from 0-2 behind.
Does anyone know when was the first time?

shaka

International Regular
Well done to Bangladesh, hopefully its a wake up call in Zimbabwe. I could not believe what I was seeing, when they were scoring at 8.5 per over after 10 overs.