• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They've been massively reliant on a handful of players for far too long. Think the stubborn refusal to try some of the younger ranji batsmen out is going to lead to 3-4 years of serious mediocrity.
Agreed and I advocated for dropping the entire lineup basically. Still glad to see Rahane scoring some runs though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Agreed and I advocated for dropping the entire lineup basically. Still glad to see Rahane scoring some runs though.
It is kind of tragic that even when Pujara and Rahane were finally dropped they were both promptly recalled and the only middle order bat who debuted in that time was ****ing SKY.

I do agree about Rahane though. I criticised his recall heavily earlier in the thread but he's always been my favourite of this generation of Indian bats so I've enjoyed the innings. I think most of the reason I disagreed with a few others in the thread was that they were treating it like a proper high-pressure final where you'd bank on experience, while I was treating it like a fun one-off Test where I'd just go with the next cab off the rank.