• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Test Championship Final at The Oval – June 7–11, 2023

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Is this the worst attack India has fielded in England? Past sides had atleast one great swing or seam bowler

This side has none
In my opinion you judge an attack by its collective strength and not one bowler , I remember Sourav Ganguly being 4th seamer on the 2007 tour with guys like RP Singh and Sreesanth taking the new ball with Zaheer Khan ..Definitely a far weaker attack

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
In my opinion you judge an attack by its collective strength and not one bowler , I remember Sourav Ganguly being 4th seamer on the 2007 tour with guys like RP Singh and Sreesanth taking the new ball with Zaheer Khan ..Definitely a far weaker attack
There was also a game where Bhuvneshwar was backed up by Varun Aaron and Pankaj Singh in 2014.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
All that aside.Head and Smiths innings were a standout BUT the moment for me in the play of the day was Bahrats catch off Warner. For all money that should have been four but the anticipation and athleticism of Bahrat stole the show in my opinion Brilliant catch
The keeper in you :p

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
R P Singh once opened the bowling in England.
He was in a purple patch to be fair

They knuckled down and did their jobs, Khan and RP Singh were especially in good rhythm. This lot mostly lack discipline

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Might be talking absolute crap (it happens) but I recall Head getting out quite a few times after breaks

If I was a betting man, I’d put money on Head getting out <156 or >230

He’s dodgy early but really hard to stop once he middles a few

Molehill

International Captain
Are India bowling to order now? I'm guessing Smith asked for two half volleys on leg stump to get to his ton and Siraj delivered!!

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I wish Hayden was busy fishing and ignoring his kids instead of commentating.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Foolishly thought I could risk a bathroom break - surely Smith won’t grab his ton in the first over….

Darwin Award

U19 Cricketer
... Steve Smith's first 2 deliveries faced this morning: 4.. and then 4... and that's the century thank you very much.In the very first minute of the morning.

Most test centuries scored against India:

1.Steve Smith & Joe Root: 9
2.Ricky Ponting- 8