• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official **World Test Championship : 2021-2023 (New Cycle)

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Updated table anyone?

Australia should be at the top with India next I’m guessing. Reigning WTC champs have not been good - reversion to mean after a particularly friendly schedule last cycle imo.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Still a whole year to go and both India and Pakistan have fairly easy runins. SA have to go to Australia and get full marks from their 2-Test series at home (which are WI and B'desh but still rain can mess up percentages)

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Plenty of cricket left to be played. India host Australia (4 Tests) and then tour BD (2 Tests), 72 points gets them to 73%, which could get them into the final if SA drop some games. And ofc beating Aus 4-0 would put a dent in their Points % too. Oh, and the one leftover game vs England should count for points if it happens, which atm I kinda hope it does because England are awful.

SA have it tough. Tour of England, hosting West Indies and then tour of Australia. Very possible they drop a few games in these 8 Tests.

Australia need a strong Asia leg. If they drop too many points vs India and SL then that Aus/SA tour could become a virtual Semi Final of sorts.

Pakistan the dark horse. They get to host England and New Zealand. Real potential for points if they put up proper pitches and don't bat Sajid at 7.

BD will just want to finish above England, which should be possible if we sneak a victory over SA in this tour. We also host Sri Lanka, which should be points, and then tour West Indies, which could be trouble. End our campaign hosting India, which I doubt we'll take any points from.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Those rankings look about right tbh. Fair reflection of the standing of all the sides.

Flem274*

123/5
Unfortunately an Australian victory would be a fair representation of the WTC to date. Their only concern is any potential bowling injuries and several batsmen being old and/or slightly out of nick. Final is at the MCG isn't it? gg
Updated table anyone?

Australia should be at the top with India next I’m guessing. Reigning WTC champs have not been good - reversion to mean after a particularly friendly schedule last cycle imo.
Nah bro, the schedule sooking meme can go. NZ had it no better or worse than the other major players. Didn't even include their whipping kids of the decade England in the points nominations (so dumb). Meanwhile elsewhere in the world, rumour has it Australia lost to an Indian net team.

The difference in 2021 was KJ had a working outswinger and Conway qualified. The team was already good, but they made NZ temporarily the clear #1 in matches outside Asia, especially since the Indian middle order chose the same time to start sucking.

But yeah NZ have been terrible this cycle and it is all their own fault. Can't string two good tests together, and if NZ do win (I think they're mathematically out now) it will be a case of performing when it matters rather than a reflection of the consistent best. Consistently outplayed in 3-4 of our tests by the better team on the day.