• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Women's World Cup 2013

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Haha what a finish.

Super catch by the keeper. Ferling had bowled a poor over before but the spinner picks up the last wicket.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. Was a good fight by England in the middle but in the end they just fell short after the poor start.

stumpski

International Captain
Six down chasing 208, it's starting to look as if New Zealand may be heading home - which may help England in our must-win game on Wednesday. Australia booked their final place yesterday.

stumpski

International Captain
Big win for the Windies, although NZ had the rough end of the umpiring by the sound of it. They're not out of it as I first thought, although it has hurt their net RR. All to play for on Wednesday, unless West Indies pull off the upset of the tournament and beat Australia.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Remarkably convenient for England - NZ beaten by just enough to push their NRR below England's without letting the West Indies' NRR get much higher. Means a win of any real significance over NZ should put them through.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Quite like this format for the World Cup btw - I had assumed there was going to be semi-finals, making most of the games at this stage quite redundant, but only allowing the top two teams through means that every game counts while still letting each team play almost every side. The biggest damper on the 2011 world cup was making these huge groups of seven and sending four through, meaning that some of the best games of the tournament like India-England and England-Ireland meant next to nothing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Before the tournament it wouldn't be, but Australia have been playing so well it'd be quite shocking to see them slip up against the Windies now. Hard to break a winning streak.

stumpski

International Captain
Before the tournament it wouldn't be, but Australia have been playing so well it'd be quite shocking to see them slip up against the Windies now. Hard to break a winning streak.
Yeah, I'd say so too, although our losing to the Lankans was certainly a shock. Out of interest, have Australia ever lost to the Windies? It's been suggested that they could do themselves a favour by doing just that on Wednesday.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some diabolical umpiring in that NZ vs. West Indies game yesterday. Sophie Devine pretty much middled a forward defensive (okay, some hyperbole here) and was given out. Atrocious. I understand the umpiring standard hasn't been that great overall though.

Himannv

International Coach
Yeah, saw some of those decisions on the highlights and they were extremely poor calls. Although the standards haven't been great anyway, the umpriring in that match was the worst I've seen in the tournament so far. Unlucky Kiwis.