• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Classy chase - three beautifully paced half-centuries by quality bats, and a well deserved win.

Shri

Mr. Glass
who is going to be the next captain after lanning for aus anyway

don't see a lot of young candidates

_Ed_

Even though she's only two years younger, I would have thought Mooney would be the obvious short-term option.

Spark

Global Moderator
who is going to be the next captain after lanning for aus anyway

don't see a lot of young candidates
Lanning isn't exactly old though.

Tahlia McGrath comes to mind. Already captain of her WBBL franchise and just 25. Sophie Molineux also has that "born leader" look to her although she's had a really unlucky summer.

Himannv

International Coach
Lanning is just 30 although it seems like she's been around for ages. Haynes is the only one who might retire soon. It's an amazing squad and will be around for a while.

_Ed_

Perry's injury struggles make me suspect she may not last a whole lot longer. She's only 31, but has been playing international cricket since she was 16.

anil1405

International Captain
Perry's injury struggles make me suspect she may not last a whole lot longer. She's only 31, but has been playing international cricket since she was 16.
Not to forget that she has been playing another sport at the top most level and it's not easy to sustain playing two sports, never mind just being an all rounder in cricket.

Himannv

International Coach
She's already been dropped from the T20 squad, so I think they'll continue to do things to lessen the load on her and enable her to play a specific format more (probably Tests).