• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is really interestingly poised now. A lot depends on Down, although we've still got some decent batting to come - Frankie Mackay often opens or bats at three for Canterbury, and Rowe and Mair are good bats domestically too.

anil1405

International Captain
This is really interestingly poised now. A lot depends on Down, although we've still got some decent batting to come - Frankie Mackay often opens or bats at three for Canterbury, and Rowe and Mair are good bats domestically too.
Yeah. There was hope when the sixth wicket fell but this partnership has been amazing and with the players to follow it's NZs to lose here.

anil1405

International Captain
Well done White Ferns. It will be a disappointment if they don't carry this aggression into the WC.

_Ed_

About to get started now, finally. It's been reduced to 20 overs a side, but inexplicably still considered an ODI rather than a T20.

anil1405

International Captain
About to get started now, finally. It's been reduced to 20 overs a side, but inexplicably still considered an ODI rather than a T20.
And rightly so. I don't see any reason why a rain effected ODI should be considered a T20I just because they are playing 20 overs.

Looks like Kaur has been dropped by India.

_Ed_

Just seems weird to me that people might say, for example, Corey Anderson has a poor T20I record, when he scored a 36-ball century in a 20-over ODI (at this same ground, incidentally).

cnerd123

likes this
Is there any combination of players that India can put out there that could beat NZ? NZ literally down to the last 11 available players after injury/covid and still thrashing this side. Is the gulf in skill that large or have India just played really poorly?

Surprised Ramesh Powar / Mithali Raj are still in charge after all the drama between them in the past:

If the team keeps underperforming it might be time for some fresh leadership.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Great batting/hitting performance

I'm still worried that India will beat NZ in the World Cup and as a result, either:

A) We miss the semifinals
B) We get the toughest possible semifinal against Australia

anil1405

International Captain
Is the gulf in skill that large or have India just played really poorly?
What India lack is application and playing to the situation. Besides being poor in the field.

Talent wise these teams are on par. But NZ have a plan and they are executing it to perfection.

_Ed_

But I'm not sure if we're going to have enough runs on the board this time.