• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* Official * WI & Eng tour of Australia

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah...look I'm a guy who likes their sport played a certain way. I hate Mankads, yet I fully understand they are part of the rules.

But in this case, this is exactly how I see it. 100% Wade impeded Wood, and whilst I do not possess the ability to read Wade's mind, it certainly looks like he knew exactly where Wood was, especially as the ball began to drop. So yeah in terms of good reason, you're out there to win a game, Wade can win the game for the other team and he stopped Wood from taking his wicket. However the media and fans want to take it, is up to them. You appeal, and leave the rest up to the umpires.

At the end of the day, England won and we avoid further controversy, which is fine. But to me, that's 100% a dismissal that should be appealed, and I'm surprised to be honest that Jos Buttler's mind was in a place where the consideration of how it would be taken overruled the fact an opposition batsman quite likely obstructed the field. Perhaps that speaks to how close time-wise to the Dean v Deepti drama this has happened, and the fact Buttler was connected to that via the Ashwin IPL dismissal.
I think it just speaks to the fact that he is afraid to play by the rules.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think it was pre-planned or anything. It is instinctive sometimes for batters to do that, like handled the ball, but its definitely out and should have been given out had Jos decided to appeal.

I remember once Mohinder Amarnath handled the ball and then just walked back to the pavilion, basically giving himself out, lol. Will see if I can find the clip on youtube.

EDIT - Here it is.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dont think it was pre-planned or anything. It is instinctive sometimes for batters to do that, like handled the ball, but its definitely out and should have been given out had Jos decided to appeal.

I remember once Mohinder Amarnath handled the ball and then just walked back to the pavilion, basically giving himself out, lol. Will see if I can find the clip on youtube.

EDIT - Here it is.

Yep

Same with Gooch

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

EDIT - Here it is.

Yep

Same with Gooch

Nothing surprising there. Handling balls at the workplace tends to get you dismissed pretty quickly.

vandem

International 12th Man
Has there been any comment or apology from the Aussie camp?

Wade was the first to appeal for obstruction against Stokes a few years ago in an similar incident. Except that the Stoke's incident was possibly an instinctive reaction to a ball being thrown at him. Wade .... looked like he knew what he was doing.

I wonder if the cheating will have an impact on his career like the Greg Dyer incident?