• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
That big Carlos 50 in the second innings probably one of the worst things that could have happened for West Indies in terms of selection for the next test.Reckon Blackwood takes the fall if they bring in Cummins (wouldn't be surprised if they didn't knowing the WICB) and everyone else moves up a spot in the batting order.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Meh. If you're a big fan of someone, you'd expect to not hate watching them perform their main discipline (batting) and use nicer words than attrocious.
But one of the reasons I like Braithwaite is because he's a crabby looking top order batsman. His aesthetical ******ness appeals to me, if that makes sense... It's no coincidence I also love guys like Graeme Smith, Dean Elgar, Garry Ballance.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So Ashwin has got 2 instances of scoring a double of a hundred and a fiver in the same game. No other player except Botham has done it more than twice (Botham did it 5 times). Ashwin has enough time to strike a 3rd double. When does he become a serious contender for a top all rounder?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
So Ashwin has got 2 instances of scoring a double of a hundred and a fiver in the same game. No other player except Botham has done it more than twice (Botham did it 5 times). Ashwin has enough time to strike a 3rd double. When does he become a serious contender for a top all rounder?
He is already the No 1 allrounder in the world as per rankings. But, has a very long way to go to be a contender for all time. Probably if he continues to do well at 6 for the next 5 years.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
He will serve India more by maintaining his bowling levels all over the world than by becoming an allrounder. I m perfectly fine with him being a reliable #8 for us.

flibbertyjibber

Ashwin's barely been an allrounder..Dev on the other hand was a world class all rounder for most part of his career. Not even a debate at this point
That is my view too but seeing as the Indian fans are getting excited about him they may as well compare him to their best other one then they can get a guide of where he would be in world terms.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
That is my view too but seeing as the Indian fans are getting excited about him they may as well compare him to their best other one then they can get a guide of where he would be in world terms.
I think it's a bit of an unfair comparison as Kapil's had a full career and Ashwin's only just entering his prime now -- I can't say I could confidently rule it out being a serious conversation one day -- but even if you just compare Ashwin's record to Kapil's before his 30th birthday, Kapil's still wellll ahead. Spinners tend to do better in their 30s than quicks so Ashwin could make up some ground but there's a lot of ground to make up.

vcs

I don't think Ashwin at 6 is something they should try for any opposition bar the West Indies.

91Jmay

International Coach
When he plays like a top all rounder against someone other than the Windies. He is a good player, 6 is the right spot for him but needs another 12 months against good teams to be a top all rounder. There isn't any in the world at the moment, imo.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ashwinn s batting will never be good enough for him to be an allrounder in its truest sense. A lot better for him and India if he can become the best bowler he can be and treat his batting as his secondary trait.