• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies v India in North America

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rough. He's not great, but unlike most of your quicks he can actually build up some pressure regularly and actually knows how to bowl to a plan. His stats from about 2014 onwards have to be pretty good too. Not a world beater but he's surely ahead of most of the Lankan quicks? (apart from Chameera maybe)
Yeah, I know his last two years have been not-terrible-to-approaching-decent. Just annoys me we can't find someone better than him with a billion people to choose from.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What have you done that makes you more of a fan of his than most since you consider yourself a big fan of his? Especially since you hate watching him bat.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Yeah; Hope in for Samuels and Johnson in for Chandrika makes a lot of sense to me. Hopefully they don't make Hope open again though.
Agreed. Shai Hope is a middle order batsman, definitely not an opener. Johnson could be a decent stop gap opening until they decide Evin Lewis is worth a shot or another opener scores enough runs to force their way in.

Basically, the pretty rubbish but learning and developing all the time batting lineup should be:

Braithwaite
Johnson
Hope
Bravo
Blackwood
Chase
Dowrich
Holder
Bishoo
Cummins/Joseph/Best performing young quick
Gabriel

If they need a second spinner, Blackwood, Chase or Hope come out, Holder bats 7 and the spinner comes in. It's going to be a tough year or so but with that side we will definitely see improvement. What they must stop doing is playing Holder and Carlos together to protect the batting at the cost of bowling potency. Let these batsmen learn and improve and give us a chance of actually bowling teams out.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
How did England lose to these guys
Jerome Taylor outbowled their seamers. He's now retired. KB, Holder and Blackwood scored centuries. They played poorly in one match and really well in the other. The same could happen in this series if they select a fast bowler to partner Gabriel. Ultimately we will lose comfortably but I could easi;y see them winning or dominating a test under the same circumstances.

Daemon

I've just caught up with the highlights and stuff - anyone notice where Saha took that catch to dismiss Samuels? I understand that he was standing back since Shami was getting bounce and so he had more time, but he still moved very nicely to pouch that safely in front of first slip without putting in the dive. Good work from him.

Were there any drop catches from the slips this time?

vcs

I've just caught up with the highlights and stuff - anyone notice where Saha took that catch to dismiss Samuels? I understand that he was standing back since Shami was getting bounce and so he had more time, but he still moved very nicely to pouch that safely in front of first slip without putting in the dive. Good work from him.

Were there any drop catches from the slips this time?
There was one from Rahane which just dropped short (or so the third umpire ruled). Would be harsh to call it a drop.

vcs

Samuels... WTF. Then again, he might bash a quick 50 or so and make me eat my words.

Camo999

State 12th Man
Great stuff by Marlon to stick his bat in the way of the camera there. Test career still just alive...