• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Zimbabwe and South Africa

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Lonwabo is being rested (High Performance directives) but his been replaced by Zondeki whose bowling like lightening and taking wickets for fun at the moment. Be good seeing him and De Wet in action.

And Robbie P is there to carry the drinks for the game is being played in his back yard.
Ah, thanks. Good for Zondeki, not his biggest fan, but he did bowl really well in the most recent Supersport game.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Styen what a beauty along with Morkel South Africa could form a lethal pace attack in the future. Can't wait until they play Australia again. Lee/Tait vs Steyn/Morkel haha damn will be a rough series for the batsmen..

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
South Africa still have a lot of work to do before they're ready for Australia. I'm a fan of South Africa on most days, but I can definitely wait for them to tackle the World Champions again.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
South Africa still have a lot of work to do before they're ready for Australia. I'm a fan of South Africa on most days, but I can definitely wait for them to tackle the World Champions again.
Agree, Their current batting and batting reserves are fairly ordinary and if Taylor, Edwards and Powell turn up tomorrow in East London in the mood and in the groove they should expose South Africa’s lack of visible batting talent. If the likes of Neil McKenzie, a proven test failure over a sustained period is what you call the next in line then you do have problems. JP Duminy aside, the A team is a pretty sorry indictment of what is available and what’s worse the selectors have ignored most of SuperSport’s most inform batsman, opting to go for cricketers such as Petersen and Bodi, who only two weeks was not good enough for his franchise.

Athlai

Not Terrible
West Indians 103/6 (34.2 ov)

*M Zondeki (rf) 10.2 1 32 4 3.09

Oh my.

Morton with a half century but gone now.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Close of play: South Africa A 78/1, McKenzie 43*, van Wyk 25*

Decent days work by the A team. No surprises to see Zondeki amongst the wickets, guys is bowling exceptionally well at the moment whilst captain, Neil McKenzie is slowly but surely becoming South Africa’s very own Hasan Raza.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Agree, Their current batting and batting reserves are fairly ordinary and if Taylor, Edwards and Powell turn up tomorrow in East London in the mood and in the groove they should expose South Africa’s lack of visible batting talent. If the likes of Neil McKenzie, a proven test failure over a sustained period is what you call the next in line then you do have problems. JP Duminy aside, the A team is a pretty sorry indictment of what is available and what’s worse the selectors have ignored most of SuperSport’s most inform batsman, opting to go for cricketers such as Petersen and Bodi, who only two weeks was not good enough for his franchise.
Yea it seems as if SA don't have batting depth outside of the 1st XI, but a bit strange to hear you say McKenzie was is failure at test level, yea i know he didn't set the world on fire with his performance but i thought he was an ok player, remember him vs Australia in 2001/02 unofficial test championship series looked a decent player. Always thought players like him, Rudolph & Dippenaar were victims of that stupid quota system in SA (although i would agree Dippenaar was a proven test failure) wasn't McKenzie the man who was dropped in Australia in 2002 so that Justin Ontong can debut?

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yea it seems as if SA don't have batting depth outside of the 1st XI, but a bit strange to hear you say McKenzie was is failure at test level, yea i know he didn't set the world on fire with his performance but i thought he was an ok player, remember him vs Australia in 2001/02 unofficial test championship series looked a decent player. Always thought players like him, Rudolph & Dippenaar were victims of that stupid quota system in SA (although i would agree Dippenaar was a proven test failure) wasn't McKenzie the man who was dropped in Australia in 2002 so that Justin Ontong can debut?
No McKenzie played, I believe Zulu was disposed with to initially accommodate Jacques Rudolph, although, as it transpired Justin Ontong made his test debut instead.

And on the point of Human, McKenzie and Rudolph, they had their chances and did not score enough runs. Its all well and good saying quotas but if they were averaging 40 then they would not have been dropped and Rudolph was offered the chance to become South Africa's new test opener this year against Pakistan but he favoured going Kolpak than the prospect of facing Mohammed Asif.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Good to see SA A are showing the WI the importance of T20 cricket.. Looking forward to Gulam Diredi making not very many today though.. Most disliked player since throwing his toys out of the cot..

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
Ok first of all i've been out of the loop with regards to WI for a while so where the F is Sarwan??

Secondly this is my team for sure and the ******** selectors as ususal will probably botch up the final 11 once again just like they did in England.

1.Ganga
2.Gayle
3.Sarwan (I guess Morton now)
4.Chanderpaul
5.Samuels
6.Bravo
7.Ramdin
8.Rawl Lewis
9.Powell
10.Taylor
11.Edwards

Now that looks like a solid team team me. 3 genuinely quick bowlers and one spinner who can bat so we don't'get 4 # 11s in a row. Plus you have 3 all rounders in Bravo, Gayle and Samuels and if 4 out of the top 6 fire Windies could definitely get a decent total.

Just watch out for those Steyn yorkers!!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Ok first of all i've been out of the loop with regards to WI for a while so where the F is Sarwan??

Secondly this is my team for sure and the ******** selectors as ususal will probably botch up the final 11 once again just like they did in England.

1.Ganga
2.Gayle
3.Sarwan (I guess Morton now)
4.Chanderpaul
5.Samuels
6.Bravo
7.Ramdin
8.Rawl Lewis
9.Powell
10.Taylor
11.Edwards

Now that looks like a solid team team me. 3 genuinely quick bowlers and one spinner who can bat so we don't'get 4 # 11s in a row. Plus you have 3 all rounders in Bravo, Gayle and Samuels and if 4 out of the top 6 fire Windies could definitely get a decent total.
Gayle is apparently not going to make the first test...

Also if Rawl Lewis starts in P.E then someone needs to be sectioned. Go with Taylor, Edwards, Powell and DJ Sammy, bollocks to 'spin', at least those four could realistically form a more than decent bowling unit.

Less said about the West Indies proposed batting line-up though.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Looks like to me:

Smith
Ganga
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Morton
Bravo *
Ramdin+
Sammy
Powell
Taylor
Edwards

That team could probably bowl SA out for around 300. If they fire and get the main bats quickly, could possibly restict to around 200. The batting could make 250 I guess. Tipping Samuels, Morton and Bravo to get at least 50s, with Chanders getting a century.
Expecting Smith to make less than 10 and Ganga around 40.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
West Indies look all set for an innings defeat. In reply to South Africa’s first innings total of 371 they are currently 62/5 and still over 100 plus runs behind. Zondeki being the chief destroyer once more taking three wickets and getting the key man Chanderpaul cheaply for the second time in the match.