• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** West Indies in South Africa 2014/15

Marius

International Debutant
Has de Lange actually played in the last 3 years?
Yeah, played a Test against NZ in 2012, played a couple of ODIs on SA's recent Australasian tour and has been turning out for his franchise.

Also played on SA A's tour to Aus.

dogwalker

U19 Captain
Moonda on Cricinfo in her pre-sqaud selection article had Behardien down as a possible pick for the Test squad.

The mind boggles. She must be the only professional cricket writer who knows nothing about the game.
Can't stand her. How is she actually employed as a ****ing cricket writer?

Howe_zat

Audio File
Windies happily flattening their warm up opposition with all the cheek of a dogwalker OP.

This is the first I've heard of Sheldon Cottrell and his getting four of the top 5 out in his opening spell, so was surprised to find he'd played a Test, do we make much of him?

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Windies happily flattening their warm up opposition with all the cheek of a dogwalker OP.

This is the first I've heard of Sheldon Cottrell and his getting four of the top 5 out in his opening spell, so was surprised to find he'd played a Test, do we make much of him?
He looked rubbish when I've seen him but he did have good pace. It was just his seam position and inconsistent line and length that looked bad. So it could have been nerves.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Can a mod change the title? I mean it's all in good fun but come on. It's been that for 2 weeks now.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
***Official*** West Indies in South Africa 2014-15

Bloody hell guys i can't believe no-one else started this thread ages ago about this epic battle between the mighty Windies and South Africa!!...i mean it's not like it's gonna be another whitewash right? :ph34r:

TOUR FIXTURES

December 10-12: SA invitational vs West indians

December 17-21: South Africa vs West Indies 1st Test

December 26-30: South Africa vs West Indies 2nd Test

January 2-6: South Africa vs West Indies 3rd Test

January 9th: South Africa vs West Indies 1st T20

Jaunary 11th: South Africa vs West Indies 2nd T20

January 14th: South Africa vs West Indies 3rd T20

January 16th: South Africa vs West Indies 1st ODI

January 18th: South Africa vs West Indies 2nd ODI

January 21st: South Africa vs West Indies 3rd ODI

January 25th: South Africa vs West Indies 4th ODI

January 28th: South Africa vs West Indies 5th ODI

WindieWeathers

International Regular
WI Test squad:

Kraigg Brathwaite
Devon Smith
Asad Fudadin
Marlon Samuels
Shiv Chanderpaul
Jermaine Blackwood
Leon Johnson
Denesh Ramdin (c)
Chadwick Walton
Shannon Gabriel
Jason Holder
Sheldon Cotterrell
Kemar Roach
Jerome Taylor
Sully Benn

Note: Gayle is apparently Injured, Darren Bravo and Kieran Powell weren't considered due to "personal issues" and Narine is still working on his action

South Africa Test Squad:

Hashim Amla (capt)
AB de Villiers (vice-capt)
Alviro Petersen
Dean Elgar
Faf du Plessis
Stiaan van Zyl
Quinton de Kock
Vernon Philander
Robin Peterson
Dale Steyn
Morne Morkel
Temba Bavuma
Kyle Abbott
Kagiso Rabada

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Currently in the SA invitaional vs West Indians games the mighty Windies are dominant. Rolled them out yesterday for 125 Cotterell 5fer, Talor 2,Benn 1 and Holder 1 with one runout.

West Indians replied with a score of 508!! Samuels 200 retired, Smith 174 retired. Ramdin 48 not out and the others were pretty much single figured bar Fudadin and Walton.

Good work out for the lads and they'll have all day tomorrow to wrap up the game..if nothing else it will give them a little confidence ahead of the first test next week. Cotterrell was the big surprise here and having worked with Amby lately hopefully we're seeing the start of good things to come...he also got a 5fer against Trinidad in the game before he left for SA so he seems to be in good nick...while Samuels seems to have continued the class form he showed in India...well done to him and Smith.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
leon johnson isn't going to play is he? he's really bad.

good to see samuels creaming them.
What makes you think Leon is bad? :huh: tbh over the last 18 months or so he'd buckled down and scored runs for Guyana and the A-team...might not have been there if Darren Bravo had gone but it's up to him to take this opportunity now.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Right now my team would probably be

Brathwaite
Smith
Fudadin
Samuels
Chanderpaul
Blackwood
Ramdin wk (c)
Taylor
Benn
Roach
Cotterrell

Then see how that goes...Gabriel and Holder are good options to come in for the 2nd test if Cotts doesn't fire. Blackwood hasn't been in good form at all but the lad has the ability to score quick and once he gets confident he's a very dangerous customer so we just have to hope he takes his chance. Also Fuda scored a ton for the A-team recently, has played tests in England and looked ok so i'd certainly give him the number three spot.

Needless to say we're gonna need to have Kemar and Jerome at their very best if we are to seriously challenge SA...this is Kemar's first time away in South Africa so i'm looking forward to seeing how he does here having already done well in Aus and England.