• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Can't wait for the test matches. Not so sure about T20s, the international T20s never inspired me and just want that done and over with.

If the sun starts to beat down the pitches could be flat. By December Basin could be flat but we do get some rain in December so you never know. Seddon Park is pretty much a road mostly. It's going to be a interesting little test series. I expect WI to do quite well in Hamilton. They're an exciting bunch, I rate them quite high now. They have good bowling attack and if the batting goes well they could certainly challenge us.
I think your guys are a bit too solid all around tbh. I think we will have moments with our attack and the odd batting cameo but ultimately you will have 2 solid wins.

We will not win series against an excellent unit like this NZ side until we have a more solid batting lineup. It is not beyond the realms that we could win one of the tests with our attack, but there is no way we are winning the series.

Flem274*

123/5
the windies have tests under their belt and our batsmen are lacking red ball runs. rossco looked at sea against kyle jamieson today.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Chase is a bit like Asad Shafiq as he's liable to make one good score in a series with not much else. Have to say I think there's something about him worth persevering with, but mentally he looks a bit frail. I rate him with the ball tbh - think he's a good 2nd spinner

Beamer

Chase is a bit like Asad Shafiq as he's liable to make one good score in a series with not much else. Have to say I think there's something about him worth persevering with, but mentally he looks a bit frail. I rate him with the ball tbh - think he's a good 2nd spinner
He has had a bit of a free ride because Kraigg and Shai have been so awful. But if you look at Chase's numbers with the bat, he has been almost as bad. He needs to improve to stay in the side. His bowling has improved but his batting is currently not good enough to justify continued selection in a key batting position. It is a big tour for him IMHO, especially when you consider Wagner made him look very ordinary on the last tour.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
the windies have tests under their belt and our batsmen are lacking red ball runs. rossco looked at sea against kyle jamieson today.
He did, but that's early season Ross. He's going to play the same way throughout our summer - throwing the hands at most things and trying to back his eye. I'd expect to see him go early a few times, and by go early I mean flashing at a long hop second ball and drilling it straight to deep point sort of thing.

Beamer

The guys arrived in NZ and are quarantining for 3 days before being allowed into slightly extended bubbles. Joshua Da Silva has a cool YouTube channel where he documents his days on tour. Looks like an odd existence, having 3 meals delivered to the room, exercising in the room etc.

At least they will get outside soon.

Beamer

What do we think the two T20 XI's will look like?

Given that we are missing Simmons, Lewis and Russell, I'm guessing ours will be:

Brandon King
Andre Fletcher
Shimron Hetmeyer
Nicholas Pooran (wk)
Kieron Pollard (c)
Kyle Mayers
Fabian Allen
Keemo Paul
Hayden Walsh Jr
Sheldon Cotterell
Kesrick Williams

Subs:

Oshane Thomas
Rovman Powell
Romario Shepherd

Moss

What do we think the two T20 XI's will look like?

Given that we are missing Simmons, Lewis and Russell, I'm guessing ours will be:

Brandon King
Andre Fletcher
Shimron Hetmeyer
Nicholas Pooran (wk)
Kieron Pollard (c)
Kyle Mayers
Fabian Allen
Keemo Paul
Hayden Walsh Jr
Sheldon Cotterell
Kesrick Williams

Subs:

Oshane Thomas
Rovman Powell
Romario Shepherd
I fully expect NZ to take the (overly) familiar route and go with something like: Guptill, Munro, Williamson (c), CdG, Seifert (wk), Taylor, Mitchell, Santner, Kuggelieijn, Southee, Boult - and, probably Sodhi, Neesham, Bruce to complete the squad. The last T20 series was a 5-0 defeat at the hands of India when they visited earlier in the year though, so they may finally decide to look beyond. Would be cool if any among Phillips, Young, Conway, Ferguson, Tickner, Smith are brought in. Bennett was pretty decent last season when the first choice pacemen were all injured, so won't mind if he keeps his spot.

Beamer

I fully expect NZ to take the (overly) familiar route and go with something like: Guptill, Munro, Williamson (c), CdG, Seifert (wk), Taylor, Mitchell, Santner, Kuggelieijn, Southee, Boult - and, probably Sodhi, Neesham, Bruce to complete the squad. The last T20 series was a 5-0 defeat at the hands of India when they visited earlier in the year though, so they may finally decide to look beyond. Would be cool if any among Phillips, Young, Conway, Ferguson, Tickner, Smith are brought in. Bennett was pretty decent last season when the first choice pacemen were all injured, so won't mind if he keeps his spot.
Phillips looked like a natural top level T20 opener in the CPL for 2 seasons in a row. He was good against both pace and spin as well, which is handy. Hopefully some new faces for us to see.

nzfan

I think Conway will be picked so will Phillips and Ferguson. Don't think they'll go back to Munro. Jimmy Neesham will likely not find a spot in the team. I don't think they looked at him as T20 option since last year.

My likely T20 squad

Guptill
Phillips
Conway
Williamson
Taylor
Santner
Sodhi
Southee
Boult
Seifert
Ferguson
CDG
Kyle Jamieson (or maybe Kuggs or Darryl Mitchell)

Conway may keep if he has to be in the playing XI

thundaboult

International Debutant
Munro will definitely play. And he deserves his spot. Our best t20 batter. Kuggs will also play because of his CPL run. Otherwise he was in deep trouble. Hasn't had a great start at international level.

The Hutt Rec

Agree it would be a miracle if Munro didn't open for us, he's still 5th ranked T20 batsman in the world.

Beamer

Munro is another one who is consistently solid in the CPL. He and Philips are two of the better overseas batsmen in the tournament.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member