• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Not a bad commentary team. Will be great if Bish joins. The series isn't too far away now, looking forward to the first warm up match next Friday.

nzfan

I'm a bit nervous about spark, hope it doesn't go the rugby wc way this year. Just subscribed to spark. Commentary team looks awesome bar Richardson.

Beamer

I'm hearing that Roston Chase is now VC instead of Kraigg. Good move IMHO, Kraigg is a garbage captain and this will enable him to concentrate on his batting.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It is reported that the Windies team has broken quarantine rules in their hotel. The players have been mingling in hallways and sharing food.

Last edited:

Chewie

It is reported that the Windies team has broken quarantine rules in their hotel. The players have been mingling in hallways and sharing food.
Just saw that - the exception given allowing them to train in groups has been revoked meaning they won't be able to train until they have finished their stint in managed isolation

Chewie

They were only in managed isolation until Friday, so only a couple of days missing training, but still detrimental to their preparation

nzfan

I think there's a NZ A game or warm up game coming up soon. Wonder if they'll play a warm up game now :-)

On that note, why are WI playing 2 warm up games one a three dayer and a 4 day game vs NZ A preparing for T20s?

Chewie

One reason they're having warmup games is probably because they had to come to the country pretty early in case of anyone testing positive for Covid (and while they wait for their IPL people to come) so they may as well. As to why those warmup games are 3 days and 4 days, no clue.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
The warm-ups are geared towards all their slower-scoring men with no IPL play under their belts getting some time at the crease in before December 3rd. Almost like the WI Test men and WI T20I men are on two separate tours here.

Similar to England last season, I think NZC may put forward a lot of youthful players who are nowhere near Test consideration for the three-dayer, then the stronger Glenn Phillips and Jacob Duffy types for the four-dayer.

Beamer

The warm-ups are geared towards all their slower-scoring men with no IPL play under their belts getting some time at the crease in before December 3rd. Almost like the WI Test men and WI T20I men are on two separate tours here.

Similar to England last season, I think NZC may put forward a lot of youthful players who are nowhere near Test consideration for the three-dayer, then the stronger Glenn Phillips and Jacob Duffy types for the four-dayer.
Yep this, exactly. There are also going to be a couple of A team matches during the tests so some of the T20 lot can get some 4 day experience. So the likes of Pooran, King and Allen and the test match reserves like Da Silva.

nzfan

The 3 dayer can't be official game I'm guessing. Suppose 3 dayer is a warm up for the official 4 dayer.

Beamer

Hearing that Pooran is now joining Melbourne in the big bash after our T20 tour.

It will be really disappointing if he chooses that over the A team matches. If that does happen I think we can conclude he is not serious about playing tests anytime soon.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hearing that Pooran is now joining Melbourne in the big bash after our T20 tour.

It will be really disappointing if he chooses that over the A team matches. If that does happen I think we can conclude he is not serious about playing tests anytime soon.
It’s his choice. Since his mentor is Pollard I think he’ll go the white ball way. Someone needs to sit with him and talk to him about the importance of test cricket...hope it’s the Prince.