• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in New Zealand - Nov/Dec 2020

vandem

International 12th Man
Yep after the test series, same as Pooran who will play a couple of 4 day matches for Windies A first.
Aha. I also hadn't noticed that Keemo Paul is listed in both test and T20 squads (similar to Hetmyer) - so I assume they travelled from quarantine to Auckland with the other T20 players, instead of playing the 1st warm up game in Queenstown with the rest of the test squad + test reserves.

Should we assume Paul won't get a test start, but is here as bowling all-rounder cover for Holder?

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Aha. I also hadn't noticed that Keemo Paul is listed in both test and T20 squads (similar to Hetmyer) - so I assume they travelled from quarantine to Auckland with the other T20 players, instead of playing the 1st warm up game in Queenstown with the rest of the test squad + test reserves.

Should we assume Paul won't get a test start, but is here as bowling all-rounder cover for Holder?
Yep. He's probably the best swing bowler we have but he's so short on FC cricket this year it would be a huge risk to play him.

Beamer

200 to Kraigg. He's not played this well in a long long time. Good to see but I do hope he hadn't cashed in his runs for the tour!!

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The WI side looks so much stronger with Bravo in it and scoring runs in the tour matches
yeah, I remember at one stage I considered him potentially Root/KW/Smith/Kohli level

had 6 tons and averaged 47 after 30 tests, which was about the rate they were going before they all stepped up a gear and he shifted down one

Chewie

I signed up to Spark Sports for this but I've just found out today's game is on TVNZ anyway :(

The Hutt Rec

I signed up to Spark Sports for this but I've just found out today's game is on TVNZ anyway :(
I saw that, but signed up anyway ... it'll be interesting to see the quality/delay difference.

I see the final match of the summer is 28 March, at first I thought it was some devious plan to get us all to subscribe for another month for the sake of one t20 vs Bangladesh. But I see that game is free on TVNZ as well, so the last game you have to be subscribed to Spark for is 26 March, which works out nicely (just have to remember to turn it off!)

The Hutt Rec

is Spark Sports NZ's Kayo equiv?
Yes in that it's a streaming service, but no in that it's not run by Sky who has traditionally done the pay tv/satellite cricket coverage here ... this is a new company that is streaming only. Sky lost the rights.

Chewie

I saw that, but signed up anyway ... it'll be interesting to see the quality/delay difference.

I see the final match of the summer is 28 March, at first I thought it was some devious plan to get us all to subscribe for another month for the sake of one t20 vs Bangladesh. But I see that game is free on TVNZ as well, so the last game you have to be subscribed to Spark for is 26 March, which works out nicely (just have to remember to turn it off!)
There's a week free anyway

JOJOXI

yeah, I remember at one stage I considered him potentially Root/KW/Smith/Kohli level

had 6 tons and averaged 47 after 30 tests, which was about the rate they were going before they all stepped up a gear and he shifted down one
Don't disagree with anything you say there but worth mentioning that Darren Bravo's away record remains impressive. Averages over 50 away from home which is better then 3 of those 4 you mentioned. Just a shame he hasn't done well at home, not always had the surfaces where you'll comfortably average 55 at home but even if he could turn an average of 26 into an average of 40 at home that would improve his overall record massively. Just done the sums myself and a 40 home average would get his career average up to 44.81 - not on the levels of those you mentioned but a very solid record nonetheless especially in a struggling batting lineup.