• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India

Dravid

International Captain
In any case, why not try out Uthappa and Gambhir both out in this series? I don't much like Laxman in the one day game.

Gambhir
Tendulkar
Dravid
Uthappa
Karthik
Dhoni
Sharma/Pathan/Me
Kumble/Bhajji
Sreesanth
Zaheer Khan
Munaf/Agarkar
Ganguly will play I think.

adharcric

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Worthy options? Joginder Sharma has played 3 ODIs and taken 1 wicket. Gagandeep Singh averages over 33 in List-A cricket and has never played an ODI.

RP Singh? He's pretty much been rubbish for a really long time now. His last 10 ODIs have seen him leak runs at 6.01 per over and take only 6 wickets. He averages 65.33 in the time. He's as worthy an option as Irfan Pathan right now.
Yes, worthy options. They don't have to be successful and established bowlers on the international stage to be worthy options for a national call-up. Joginder Sharma and Gagandeep Singh have all dominated domestic cricket for the past 3 years so they are worthy options. RP Singh has done well this year in domestic cricket and he has shown promise on the international stage despite his form slump in recent times. All three are worthy options, with Joginder > Gagandeep > RPS in terms of "worthiness".
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
You don't take uncapped players to the biggest tournament in cricket and call them worthy options.
You would have a point but for the 8 ODIs ahead of the World Cup. Ever bother reading the title of the thread beforehand? 8-)

silentstriker said:
There are no 'worthy' options. Think of it as the least worthless options.
Son, I've had enough of you. :cool:

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Pretty sure the squad will look like this ...

Ganguly, Tendulkar, Laxman, Yuvraj/Badrinath, Dravid, Mongia, Uthappa/Gambhir, Dhoni, Karthik, Pathan/Sharma, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Agarkar, Kumble, Harbhajan

Yuvraj probably isn't ready yet and Pathan's inclusion may depend on his performance in the final round of the Ranji Trophy. The main toss-up will be between Uthappa/Gambhir.

Dravid

International Captain
Pretty sure the squad will look like this ...

Ganguly, Tendulkar, Laxman, Yuvraj/Badrinath, Dravid, Mongia, Uthappa/Gambhir, Dhoni, Karthik, Pathan/Sharma, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Agarkar, Kumble, Harbhajan

Yuvraj probably isn't ready yet and Pathan's inclusion may depend on his performance in the final round of the Ranji Trophy. The main toss-up will be between Uthappa/Gambhir.
I'm pretty sure Yuvraj will be fit. I know he started practicing during the South African tour, and India probably want him to play here so he doesn't get rusty for the World Cup.

adharcric

International Coach
Yuvraj may be fit but they should only bring him back for the final two ODIs. Until then, he can play practice matches in Punjab.
In that case, Badrinath should definitely make the cut. Yuvraj can replace either him or Mongia for the final two ODIs and he'll have six matches to get his groove back.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
You gotta be kidding me if you think India are gonna clean out the West Indies in this series. I got to see live coverage of South Africa v India here and India are clearly in a bit of a shambles at the moment. Playing at home, India will grow an extra leg but the Windies will point to their CT success a few months ago to show that they can perform on the subcontinent when things are clicking for them.

Dravid

International Captain
You gotta be kidding me if you think India are gonna clean out the West Indies in this series. I got to see live coverage of South Africa v India here and India are clearly in a bit of a shambles at the moment. Playing at home, India will grow an extra leg but the Windies will point to their CT success a few months ago to show that they can perform on the subcontinent when things are clicking for them.
Actually, it's what happen in the past that leads me to believe India will actually do good here.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Actually, it's what happen in the past that leads me to believe India will actually do good here.
I agree, at home, no pressure for the players and more importantly India need to win a few games to create that faux scent that they actually might do something in the World Cup.