• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
A matter of time before Jadeja's filthy pies gets old. Not good enough to play as a bowler.
Thank you. Someone else who realizes what makes for a good spinner and what doesn't. Jadeja needs the pitch to be a rank turner if he is to be a wicket-taker in tests. Otherwise, he's just India's Paul Harris.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Thank you. Someone else who realizes what makes for a good spinner and what doesn't. Jadeja needs the pitch to be a rank turner if he is to be a wicket-taker in tests. Otherwise, he's just India's Paul Harris.
I hated when he took his wickets against Aus.

TBH, I almost feel the same way about Ashwin, but at least Ashwin has potential. Jadeja's a complete hack.

I couldn't believe it when Ojha wasn't selected. They still ran through Aus, but **** I hated that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

TBH, I almost feel the same way about Ashwin, but at least Ashwin has potential. Jadeja's a complete hack.

I couldn't believe it when Ojha wasn't selected. They still ran through Aus, but **** I hated that.
Haha yeah. I still remember how they went on and on about 'natural variation'.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain

Nah, Ashwin is like the opposite of Jadeja. He gives it a real rip, isn't afraid to flight it, but struggles maddeningly to maintain a good line and length. I still have high hopes for him, but he needs to stop bowling a filthy line to right handers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Did VVS and Ashwin ever have a significant partnership in a test before? Gotta watch it if possible.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wonder how much better (if at all) Tino Best would be if he had a modicum of intelligence. Very sharp and can get movement - a Test average of 37 seems way too high for that.
He played club cricket close to me, anyone hit him for a boundary he would bowl a beamer. he was a young lad at the time but he has no brain.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, Ashwin is like the opposite of Jadeja. He gives it a real rip, isn't afraid to flight it, but struggles maddeningly to maintain a good line and length..
yeah he is the complete opposite, in that he actually does have real variation, but he also struggles to flight the ball. I suppose that's not necessarily a huge deal when he has other methods of taking wickets at his disposal, but either way at the very least he's going to have to get more control and keep a better length to succeed in the long term.

He's a 4th pick bowler at the absolute best, which is why it was so ridiculous to pick Jadeja as well.

re: Jadeja, I got lambasted for it when I said it, but if you're going to pick a hack of a cricketer who only plays in India to bat 7 and keep a tight line in spinning conditions, I'd rather pick Suresh Raina for that job.

Last edited: