• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in India 2013

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It looks like Sammy wants to prove something to someone/everyone really bad. Not a good head space to be in as captain, perhaps, especially when you have better bowling options available.

Flem274*

123/5
Hypothetically if Sammy were dropped, who would skipper?

I don't know enough about the Windies options to know whether this is closer to the Drop Siddle campaign or the Drop Bracewell campaign, but he's always struck as a better bowler than he's given credit for thanks to the speed gun. The bloke is 2m tall as well, which has to count for something.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't know enough about the Windies options to know whether this is closer to the Drop Siddle campaign or the Drop Bracewell campaign, but he's always struck as a better bowler than he's given credit for thanks to the speed gun.
The thing about this is that while I agree, the selectors have completely lost faith in him as a frontline bowler. They pick four other bowlers for every game and select him as a terrible bits and pieces player which forces Ramdin, who is poor even by world #7 standards, up to #6. Sammy's selection would be fine based on his record if he was being picked as a frontline bowler and batting #8 but the selectors seemingly have no faith in him to perform that role, so they select him in a nothing role which drastically weakens the batting.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably waiting for Powell to secure his place as a batsman before elevating him to the job. Kirk Edwards was supposed to be an option but Sammy is doing a good job to ensure that he doesn't even get on the field.

Flem274*

123/5
The thing about this is that while I agree, the selectors have completely lost faith in him as a frontline bowler. They pick four other bowlers for every game and select him as a terrible bits and pieces player which forces Ramdin, who is poor even by world #7 standards, up to #6. Sammy's selection would be fine based on his record if he was being picked as a frontline bowler and batting #8 but the selectors seemingly have no faith in him to perform that role, so they select him in a nothing role which drastically weakens the batting.
That's so weird. This will probably show how behind the times I am but last I looked (our tour + their England tour) Roach/Rampaul/Sammy/Shillingford was the preferred attack and it was going great guns. I know two of those blokes are injured (Rampaul almost always is) and they gave Russell a go with mixed results, and then Best locked himself in when some guy got injured or dropped, but what happened to spark this latest genius from the Windies selectors?

smash84

The Tiger King
just saw the SC to see Tendy in his penultimate test match falling prey to the doosra (according to cricinfo commentary)

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
That's so weird. This will probably show how behind the times I am but last I looked (our tour + their England tour) Roach/Rampaul/Sammy/Shillingford was the preferred attack and it was going great guns. I know two of those blokes are injured (Rampaul almost always is) and they gave Russell a go with mixed results, and then Best locked himself in when some guy got injured or dropped, but what happened to spark this latest genius from the Windies selectors?
Because Sammy just isn't a front line bowler.

Is it me or is Permaul bowling a ODI length?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ball change. This could be interesting.
If only West Indies had Roach and Rampaul... India wudve been in far deeper ****

Edit: **** knew the ball change would cause trouble

harsh.ag

Oh well. Now that six of out top seven have failed, it is time for Ashwin to score his customary century.

JontyPanesar

U19 Vice-Captain
I need to go to bed soon, but I also want to watch Rohit bat. I've been saying for 3 years that Rohit's real calling is tests, not limited overs.

harsh.ag

Let us hail Dhoni's genius. He knew the top 5 would collapse around the black hole vortex of Sachin getting out to another offie, and hence went for Rohit ahead of a fifth bowler.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how much better (if at all) Tino Best would be if he had a modicum of intelligence. Very sharp and can get movement - a Test average of 37 seems way too high for that.