• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This England ODI squad is pretty bad. They might think about getting Strauss,Vaughn and Trescothick back. Its amazing how England blow a$$ in ODI cricket.
Ass isn't filtered, but trying to avoid the filter ain't a good idea.

And our ODI squad is indeed bad - so why make things even worse by bringing back Strauss and Vaughan?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thankfully, this god-awful match-up is now over.

With few notable exceptions, the standard of play from both teams has been depressingly bad for the entire summer.

Hopefully the Indians will expose the English attack for the tripe it actually is because their test attack shouldnt threaten anybody of international class IMO
Unless, that is, Hoggard and Flintoff were to return...

Raptor11

Cricket Spectator
One ODI match that really affected England's ODI performance was when they versed South Africa that one time. No offence, but.... Shame!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You could also say the same about Shah, Masceranhas, Yardy and Cook.
Mascarenhas seems like a good fielder from what I've heard, fast and athletic.

I'd happily get rid of the others tho. Whoever England pick their bowling is going to be erratic and their batting will be crappy. I'd like to see England just pick a side that is a really top notch all round fielding unit and start from there, something to base their side on and know they can compete with anyone on.

So you'd get a full strength side like this:

Trescothick
Bell
Bopara
KP
Flintoff
Collingwood
Dalrymple
Nixon/Read
Mascarenhas
Plunkett
Anderson

Can't think of reserves off the top of my head.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Mascarenhas seems like a good fielder from what I've heard, fast and athletic.

I'd happily get rid of the others tho. Whoever England pick their bowling is going to be erratic and their batting will be crappy. I'd like to see England just pick a side that is a really top notch all round fielding unit and start from there, something to base their side on and know they can compete with anyone on.

Trescothick
Bell
Bopara
KP
Flintoff
Collingwood
Dalrymple
Nixon/Read
Mascarenhas
Plunkett
Anderson

Agree with this completely, Dalrymple over Yardy anyday.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Trescothick
Bell
Bopara
KP
Flintoff
Collingwood
Dalrymple
Nixon/Read
Mascarenhas
Plunkett
Anderson

We're of the same mind, Scales. As for reserves; Trott is the only name that comes to mind right now since he's an unproven quantity (in ODI's at least). Also Shah, given he's been alright in the last few games.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
A full strength odi team imo should be...

Marcus Trescothick
Ian Bell
Ravi Bopara
Kevin Pietersen
Paul Collingwood
Andrew Flintoff
Matt Prior
Dmitri Masceranhas
Jon Lewis
Monty Panesar
James Anderson

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
West indies deserved to win - and England have a lot to think about in the middle overs. WI have Fidel Edwards - a wicket-taker - to bowl there and we have Mascarenas and Collingwood (who aren't). So of course the Windies get to the last 10 overs with wickets in hand - and we don't. When will our selectors learn that no batsman can score at any rate when he is out? It is all very well trying to contain batsmen but if good/great players stays in he will score runs. Looks like back to the drawing board again....