• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

stumpski

International Captain
Apparently it was only the third time in the last century that a spinner bowled the first over of the innings in a test. All three instances have been in the last two years.

Take a guess who the other two are, shouldn't be hard.
I think Swann opened the bowling in a Test not long ago, not sure if he bowled the first over though.

Bangladesh would be thrilled to get any side out for under 300 and at 106-3 that was at least a possibility, but WI should go on to get a big total now and as usual it will be a question of whether the home team can avoid the follow-on.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Gayle smoking the first ball for six was pretty awesome.

Has that ever happened before on the first ball of the first test?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gayle smoking the first ball for six was pretty awesome.

Has that ever happened before on the first ball of the first test?
Forget the first test, it's the first time in history the first ball in a test match has ever been hit for six.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Forget the first test, it's the first time in history the first ball in a test match has ever been hit for six.
:laugh: Sounds like an incredible little innings from Gayle.

I don't get why Rubel keeps getting picked - its not as though he takes many wickets domestically. From the young guys who I've seen, I've always preferred Shafiul and if you wanted to pick an experienced medium pacer who can keep it tight Syed Rasel wouldn't be the worst option.

Woodster

International Captain

I don't get why Rubel keeps getting picked - its not as though he takes many wickets domestically. From the young guys who I've seen, I've always preferred Shafiul and if you wanted to pick an experienced medium pacer who can keep it tight Syed Rasel wouldn't be the worst option.
Yes I've been massively disappointed by Rubel since I first saw him against England. He had a bit of raw pace and was one of the few Bangladeshi bowlers capable of getting up to 140kph, but he seems to have lost a bit of pace in search of better control, but still hasn't found the control or consistency. He has gone backwards in recent years imo.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member

yeah also the fact that team management knew he's not fully fit yet to bowl any decent amount of spells; overall the team selection puzzled me a lot. On one hand, they said they are worried about Shakib's extra workload and on other hand they picked only 3 frontline bowlers and banked on Shakib to be the fourth. Nazmul wouldn't be a bad choice either but selectors always overlook him due to his lack of pace but his swing and control of line/length is good.

Stapel

International Regular
I just noticed WI have 5 bowlers (that is when you count Sammy as a bowler, which I do). Whatever you think of Sammy, WI have a bowler more than in other Tests this year. Why is that?