• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

R_D

International Debutant
All over.... pretty good catch.

Mitchell Johnsons trend of getting wickets of crap bowl continues :ph34r:

Craig

World Traveller
That was a piss poor effort in the second innings by the West Indies, obviously Barath not included.

howardj

International Coach
Doubt the Windies are even hurting tbh.

I reckon they'll just brush it off and go out drinking tonight.

Sylvester

State Captain
Hauritz continued his impressive form, he should have silenced the critics for a while.
Haddin was really good with the gloves this match, probably his best match. Good all round team effort.

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
First day of the match I got to watch. Barath was great and I enjoyed the bowling of Hauritz and Hilfenhaus but was otherwise disappointed. Happy about the win but was really hoping for a fourth days play. Poor application from nearly all the WI batsmen on what was still a good pitch for batting. Will be hoping for a better performance in Adelaide.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Toss up between Dowlin and Nash if Sarwan makes it back. Could see Sammy or Tonge if Taylor isn't fit.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well I had a very enjoyable day at the cricket today. Kinda wished Ponting had have batted, but it was wonderful to see the young kid make a ton on debut. Was very happy to give him a standing ovation for his efforts. Really wonderful innings.

Very disappointed in Gayle and Chanderpaul's innings'. Poor cricket by them both.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well played Barath. That was all over more clinically and quickly than seemed likely after an hours play today.

Windies really need Taylor to be ok and Sarwan to recover - I think they're a batsman short, so I'd be dropping Benn for Sarwan if he's fit. Barath and Dowdin look to be good additions to the batting line up.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah, the keeper's gloves must be behind the stumps.
What if a top edge goes literally straight up in the air and the keeper runs forward and takes the catch just in front of the stumps. Isn't that essentially the exact same thing?

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, the keeper's gloves must be behind the stumps.
I thought that was only for stumpings, that a 'keeper had let the ball pass the stumps before he took it and whipped off the bails? I don't see how that rule could work for catches.

Son Of Coco

I thought that was only for stumpings, that a 'keeper had let the ball pass the stumps before he took it and whipped off the bails? I don't see how that rule could work for catches.
If it goes straight up in the air and the keeper runs forward infront of the stumps to catch it he has to take his gloves off first and neatly lay them behind the stumps.

Jarquis

3. Position of wicket-keeper
The wicket-keeper shall remain wholly behind the wicket at the
striker's end from the moment the ball comes into play until
(a) a ball delivered by the bowler
either (i) touches the bat or person of the striker

In the event of the wicket-keeper contravening this Law, the umpire
at the striker's end shall call and signal No ball as soon as
possible after the delivery of the ball.

So unless Haddin's gloves were behind the stumps at the moment the ball contacted the bat it should've been a no ball.