• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies In Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Calling it now, Australia are ****ed.

Will be happy to be proven wrong and quoted etc., but this pitch isn't offering enough. Feeling a draw here.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, was I dreaming or did hear Tony Greig make reference to Adelaide city in the background? :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shouldn't that be better for batsmen, assuming the bounce is even (which it seems to be from what I've read)?
Well I think it makes it easier for batsmen to score, but equally I think it makes it easier for the bowlers to take genuine wickets if they bowl well. I think a pitch like this promotes generally much better cricket overall than a similar yet slower/lower one, but I'd still like to see a bit more lateral movement.

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Calling it now, Australia are ****ed.

Will be happy to be proven wrong and quoted etc., but this pitch isn't offering enough. Feeling a draw here.
Think the wicket isn't that flat to be honest. Really terrible bowling particularly from Johnson. Gayle has looked vulnerable on occasions and clueless against some of the more fullish balls outside off.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's mental, he almost seemed slightly beaten in the flight on that one
That there is why Perth is so hard for spinners. Plenty of decent spinners have played for WA but the pitch is so hard and flat, someone beaten in flight can still get a reasonable amount of wood on the ball and it still goes the journey. The amount a bowler spins the ball seems irrelevant. Like batting on matting.

EDIT: Top ton by Gayle. Gee he's batted well.

Last edited: