• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The cbf attitude is what's hard to take as a cricket fan. All teams have low ebbs where there isnt much talent and most teams struggle away from home. Even allowing for the fact that constant losing will sap the will of players and that they start turning up expecting to lose you still expect the players to care. You at least expect the selfish players to care about personal milestones. That seems to be there very occasionally with the batting but less so with the bowling. The fielding being junk isn't a surprise. In most cases you field for the team or the guy running in. When a team degenerates to 11 individuals expecting to lose they dgaf.

What's hard to comprehend as an Australian is an international sportsman not caring. If I was magically good enough to play at level I can't imagine not busting a gut every moment your there. I expect my nations cricketers to perform in that fashion. I guess you can bring a bunch of islands together to play but it's not the same as a true national team.

I don't even think they can really kick all the bad attitudes as they don't have any depth. I respect and like Holder but I'm not sure how a young man can turn them around. Maybe no one can.

adub

International Captain
Young Josh Hazlewood has made a great start to his career. 13 matches, 60 wickets, 22.65 average and 44.1 SR. And he hasn't even dominated just bowled well consistently.
Yep, he's still learnin. Got the tools to be frighteningly good for a long time.

Gob

International Coach
Got say the idea of Usman opening is atrocious. I think he should be brought in at the expense of Burns but he should be slotted straight back to 3 with Darsh opening