• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Australia 2015/16

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Adam Voges of all people who is destined to be remembered as a test match journeyman scored 269 runs at a SR of 94. I will repeat that for emphasis. A Strike Rate of 94.
All against an attack with good credentials: Jerome Taylor, Roach, and Jason Holder. Enough said. The following Youtube clip somes up my points well:
Neither of us watched the game, so I'm not going to bother here.

Daemon

I watched enough of it to notice the pitch.
But you didn't actually watch how the attack which you said have good credentials bowled, or watched how Voges scored his runs.

Boult is a top bowler but that doesn't mean he wasn't **** in the recent series. Anderson and Broad are amazing, especially at home but that doesn't mean they didn't waste the new ball in Lords in a garden. You can't just look at scorecards, catch glimpses of the game, make a judgement and say 'enough said'.

TNT

Banned
Here's what I think:

1) Australian pitches are roads.
2) Australian batsman know how to ton up at will on said roads.
3) There was nothing wrong with the West Indies bowling when they gave up 500 to Australia in the first dig. 500 is a par score for an an Australian cricket team against any attack on a road at home.
4) The West Indies are a crass batting unit who can't even score runs on roads. I saw several dismissals today to nothing deliveries and the influence of scoreboard pressure.
5) If this series was in the West Indies the series would be competitive.
6) The West Indies are not a spent force and shouldn't take this series to heart.
7) India and Australia are at present the toughest countries in the world to tour.
You mean like the last series they just played in the carribean. WI actually scored more runs in this match than either of the matches at home. Australia smashed them in the WI's.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
But you didn't actually watch how the attack which you said have good credentials bowled, or watched how Voges scored his runs.

Boult is a top bowler but that doesn't mean he wasn't **** in the recent series. Anderson and Broad are amazing, especially at home but that doesn't mean they didn't waste the new ball in Lords in a garden. You can't just look at scorecards, catch glimpses of the game, make a judgement and say 'enough said'.
I watched patches like I said. I was working during much of it. But I made an attempt to watch what I could.

Much of my view is extrapolated from not seeing the ball deviate at all while watching. I watched a thoroughly disinterested Kemar Roach run in and put zero effort into sending down deliveries which had a decidedly loose pitch map to Adam Voges. And I quickly deduced that he couldn't be ****ed trying because he wasn't getting a sausage out of the pitch. He didn't hesitate at the top of his mark or think of a game plan he just went through the motions and seemed to accept the destiny that Australia were going to score 600 and declare.

Based on that summary do you think I saw enough of the Australian inning?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Adam Voges of all people who is destined to be remembered as a test match journeyman scored 269 runs at a SR of 94. I will repeat that for emphasis. A Strike Rate of 94.
All against an attack with good credentials: Jerome Taylor, Roach, and Jason Holder. Enough said. The following Youtube clip somes up my points well:

You know if Adam Voges scored 8 ducks in a row and was then dropped for good he'd still have a career Test average above the great Martin Crowe..

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, WI bowled garbage. Utterly wasted the new ball spraying it everywhere (and generally massively overpitching). It was a good pitch to bat on, but it wasn't Perth. Roach's slumped shoulders and lack of enthusiasm should be taken as less of a sign that the pitch was a turbo-road, and more of a sign of the mental state of this WI side.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You know if Adam Voges scored 8 ducks in a row and was then dropped for good he'd still have a career Test average above the great Martin Crowe..
Haha - well that is one for the books. I had never looked up his average before. 76 run average. Wow.
If he can score more than 1000 runs and maintain that average he will be the 2nd highest average wise of all time.

Midwinter

State Captain
Just for the record

West Indies in Australia 1930/31

1st Test at Adelaide Oval – Australia won by 10 wickets
2nd Test at Sydney Cricket Ground – Australia won by an innings and 172 runs
3rd Test at Brisbane Exhibition Ground – Australia won by an innings and 217 runs
4th Test at Melbourne Cricket Ground – Australia won by an innings and 122 runs
5th Test at Sydney Cricket Ground – West Indies won by 30 runs

Bradman 5 tests 447 runs 74.50ave 223 highest score

"In the matter of finance the tour unfortunately was not a success."

Just sayin'

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

NZ supporters' personal vendetta against Adam Voges has to end imo

just accept that he's ****ing good and stop whinging tbh

Gob

International Coach
Just for the record

West Indies in Australia 1930/31

1st Test at Adelaide Oval – Australia won by 10 wickets
2nd Test at Sydney Cricket Ground – Australia won by an innings and 172 runs
3rd Test at Brisbane Exhibition Ground – Australia won by an innings and 217 runs
4th Test at Melbourne Cricket Ground – Australia won by an innings and 122 runs
5th Test at Sydney Cricket Ground – West Indies won by 30 runs

Bradman 5 tests 447 runs 74.50ave 223 highest score

"In the matter of finance the tour unfortunately was not a success."

Just sayin'
just not good enough

TumTum

Banned
Young Josh Hazlewood has made a great start to his career. 13 matches, 60 wickets, 22.65 average and 44.1 SR. And he hasn't even dominated just bowled well consistently.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
If the Martians invade and conquer earth and demand a human specimen for mortal scientific inquiry there is no question in mind that Voges should be the person who we volunteer,

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A greater pity Smith didn't let him get that triple to overtake Taylor, JediBrah could have inflicted so much suffering.

Flem274*

123/5
A greater pity Smith didn't let him get that triple to overtake Taylor, JediBrah could have inflicted so much suffering.
Nah, we know Taylor is the best batsman to walk the earth. Only bored people care Voges hometown heroed a minnow enough to get up in arms

In 30 years it's going to be fun reading the hipsters who never saw him play say voges was robbed of a 50 average over 100 tests.

Need viriyas rankings to settle this obv

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Because the thread isn't complete without some WW. He would have been priceless today.

Gone but not forgotten:

That's just my view...whether you accept it or not is neither here nor there.
I was just making a comparison interms of the approach Prince. One team had rookies opening the batting and managed to take 13 overs out of the new ball which meant their middle order had less pressure. NZ's openers, who are vastly more experienced just seemed to come out swinging and when you consider they were just nine overs away from survival i think my point has merit. If Guptil and Latham were cautious in that opening spell NZ may have held on.

Last edited: