• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Warm up Matches Discussion

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Watson gone, I got my wish, I'm kinda hoping Cowan fails now, I'd rather see Smithy or Ussie in the team rather than this guy, I can't take another year of him making starts when he needs runs and not capitalizing when batting is easier.

U19 12th Man
You can drag up as many comparisons you like but its irrelevant to the facts that they have a woeful fitness record. Some, like Cummins, have a fitness record as bad as Shaun Tait.
This is just ridiculous.

Cummins has been injured as a teenager. He was bowling thunderbolts at 17 years of age. Do you not understand that fast bowlers historically haven't been even a blip on the radar at senior level by this point? It is an unnatural punishment to put your body through, it takes time to strengthen the body and become accustomed to the rigours.

Tait was a crap athlete. Always overweight, always struggling for aerobic capacity, well into his 20s. Cummins is a jet, lean and fit, and only just leaving his teens. Apples to oranges.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
I can't help but ask... Owais Shah? Really? Is this a warm up or a centre-wicket net session?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think you can take much out of either match being played really, just a bit better than a net really given the standard of the teams. Mills and Craddock have impressed but bowling Westley and now Shah is pretty poor. As for the Worcestershire attack, deary me.

Spark

Global Moderator
I don't think you can take much out of either match being played really, just a bit better than a net really given the standard of the teams. Mills and Craddock have impressed but bowling Westley and now Shah is pretty poor. As for the Worcestershire attack, deary me.
Yeah has a decided "free FC hundred here!" look about it