• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Jono said:
Now that is frickin ridiculous. How can Williams get away with it game after game while Pathan gets reprimanded? I am really disgusted by this.
As far as I have seen Williams has not clapped his hands in someone's face.

Craig

World Traveller
Talk about one of the most lop sided matches.

Three times in a year and concede over 350 is a problem.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't worry Indian fans - we must have been dreaming, or been in the Twilight Zone, because I just heard on the radio an advertisment (twice) for the third final at the 'Gabba. That's right..."tickets on sale now. This is the first time Brisbane has ever hosted a final."

go figure...:lol:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Thank god our misery is over, Now I dont have to be awake all night to see our team get pasted all over the park. Well Played Australia. I am glad that Irfan Pathan is reprimanded for his stupid behaviour.

I hope India drops Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Ashish Nehra and Irfan Pathan for the next tour.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Don't worry Indian fans - we must have been dreaming, or been in the Twilight Zone, because I just heard on the radio an advertisment (twice) for the third final at the 'Gabba. That's right..."tickets on sale now. This is the first time Brisbane has ever hosted a final."

go figure...:lol:
Maybe some indian fan got carried away at the radio station?

I certainly would have thought twice if I had heard that first thing in the morning....." was i dreaming or did aus really win?"

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
No shame in losing to the better team....although going down without a whimper hurt....anyway, a lot of positives from the tour....we were just not blanked out like everyone(including me) expected.....

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sanz said:

I hope India drops Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Ashish Nehra and Irfan Pathan for the next tour.

dint u post this earlier too....

i would only like too see ganguly to be dropped from that list.

btw nehra did well bowled well till 7th over he had given 27 runs,
and batted nice too.....only thing his fielding was pathetic but again captain is suppose to set standard and ganaguly was lot worse in everything.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Kenny said:
As far as I have seen Williams has not clapped his hands in someone's face.
No...he just verbally abuses the opposition captain a) on dismissal
and b) when he comes out to bat ?

That's perfectly acceptable behaviour isn't it ?

ReallyCrazy

Banned
you guys should stop being so critical of ganguly. he played very well in the test series and also captained well. He inspired the whole team with that century he made in the first match. That basically shaped the series up for India. And in the ODIs he started off well. He only failed in his last 4 innings. So I think you guys should leave him alone. He is a good player and a good captain. India have done well on this tour. They dominated Australia in the tests and played well in the ODIs until Perth (which was basically the last week of the tour). So stop criticising the best captain India have had.

Swervy

International Captain
i just want to say....the test series was 1-1...dont go much for all that India dominated...whats the point if you cant win.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Isn't it good? As soon as India look like they might actually get good, they are desperate to rip their side apart and open the batting with fast bowlers.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't see Nehra getting close to the Indian team once Zaheer Khan returns.

Nehra on average (and im only presuming) must bowl his 10 overs for around 40 or 50 runs at the moment with 1 wicket to his credit, maybe 2 through sheer luck.
And on top of that he's gifting runs in the field through lack of alertness or sloppyness.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I always have to have a laugh when I see Ganguly getting furious over how some of his team-mates field...I mean if I was on the receiving end i'd be saying: "Yeah well what about you?"

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tim said:
I always have to have a laugh when I see Ganguly getting furious over how some of his team-mates field...I mean if I was on the receiving end i'd be saying: "Yeah well what about you?"

What about Inzamam then!! :lol: