• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

ReallyCrazy

Banned
holy s.h.i.t! What the hell happned? India are full of crap. They have 7 batters in the side and score 150? And the bowlers were throwing pies on the field. India need someone like shoaib akhtar. Just one person like him.

Australia are just too strong for India and im happy that india competed in this tour. They actually outplayed australia in the tests :D

Last thing i wanna say is Autralia do seem to have 13 players on the field if you count the umpires.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Right about Akhtar- Indians need someone like him, though not a Stef Harmison. Akhtar makes use of his power. Indian fast bowlers are quite good, but their lack of power is a weakness.

Picking 11 batsmen doesn't win matches. Picking good bowlers does.

ReallyCrazy

Banned
the thing is arjun india have never produced a bowler of express pace. I wonder why? If pakistan can do it, india certainly can. Sometimes I wish India and pak were one country. The indian batters and **** bowlers...they will be unbeatable.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem is-

*Indians don't care for fast bowling. Those experts from the 70's say, spin is the main strength, pace is a weakness. Because of that, they just want more spinners. If those in command listen to them a little less, there would be better fast bowlers.

*Nobody knows anything about fast bowling, in control. Which is why the pitches are so slow. Besides, they focus far too much on swing and seam movement, as coaches. In Pakistan, the coach just tells someone to bowl fast, then adds swing and seam.

*A lot of India's best fast bowlers are small men, like Agarkar. They lack the physique. Luckily, Zaheer, Pathan, Salvi, Bhandari and Munaf are well built.

*India has no real history in fast bowling, except for Kapil, Srinath and Prasad.

However, I think the Indians should go back to playing 2 or 3 spinnners, till they get some top quality fast bowlers.

shankar

International Debutant
I'm hoping on Munaf patel to be the quickie that India's waiting for. He looked pretty sharp on the few occasions I saw him (though not as fast as he was hyped up to be by the media) and he troubled a few kiwi batsmen in BP's XI match.

Swervy

International Captain
Funny thing about Indian supporters...so quick to say they are the best when they win a game...so quick to see the bad in it all when they lose.

Australia are and have been all series the superior team,just one of those things

hello by the way to the people who used to be on cricketgames.com...I have moved over to here

Langeveldt

Soutie
Swervy said:
Funny thing about Indian supporters...so quick to say they are the best when they win a game...so quick to see the bad in it all when they lose.

hello by the way to the people who used to be on cricketgames.com...I have moved over to here

1/ Agreed. you could say the same about a lot of the worlds written media too...

2/ Welcome.. I "migrated" from cricketgames.com after issues with the powers that be.... Have fun here, dont take it too seriously lol :D

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
haha what a game, all the Aussie team played brilliantly :0

ohh and i enjoyed it even more after an Indian fan at the SCG during the 4th day said "better luck next time" hehe to all the iIndian Fans out there

Better Luck next time :P:P:P

seriously India were just out classed, Australia Batted too well and than India Collapsed under the pressure. Australia just played so far above them and for the whole match.

a great international summer though :)

(series results: Australia 1 - India 0:D:D:D)

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
A great final series by the Aussies. They peaked at the right time and the Indians looked tired by the end. The resting of key players in the lead up to the finals was great. India had the injuries in this series and guys like Tendulkar, Sehwag and Agarkar looked underdone.

No one has ever said that India possesses a potent attack so it was no surprise to see them get hammered once Australia's top order returned to form. The last 10 overs was a joke. Whatever happened to bowling full at the end. That said Balaji and Pathan have good spirit and are young. They will be good in the future especially Pathan. Nehra should not be picked again. even if he bowls well he concedes too many runs as a fielder.

The Indian batting line up suffered by allowing Dravid to keep. He is an awful keeper and his batting suffers. Ganguly apart from one game had a bad series. tendulkar and Sehwag were injured at times and this didn't help their momentum going into the finals. Laxman was the pick, wonderful to watch. Yuvraj and Badani also had their moments in the series.

For Australia they just got better and better and were near perfect in the second final. Lee is back bowling quick which is what he needs to do. he was also swinging and seaming the ball which is something that I haven't seen him do for quite a while. Pray he can do it with the red ball.

Choora

State Regular
For those guys who were wondering as to whether Indians are consistent or not, well the are consistently inconsistent.

Losing to Aussies is no shame, but getting r@ped like in last match is utter disgrace.When Ponting said that he never imagined Aus reaching a total of 359 against India, then what do you make out of it?

Bowled poorly, fielded poorly and batted like club level cricketers:!(

After such a long test series, the VB series was probably arranged to embaress the Indians so that the so called "mighty Aussies" can be proud of some achievement.

Consider the facts, Indians played brilliantly in the whole tour but collapsed towards the end.Why?

Simply because they were tired and home sick.The fact that Dravid and Laxman were not able to score in the final suggest that Aus bowlers took advantage of fatigued Indian team and nailed them.Had this series been played earlier, Indians would have defeated the Aussies.

masterblaster

International Captain
ajaagarkarajaaja said:
After such a long test series, the VB series was probably arranged to embaress the Indians so that the so called "mighty Aussies" can be proud of some achievement.

Consider the facts, Indians played brilliantly in the whole tour but collapsed towards the end.Why?

Simply because they were tired and home sick.The fact that Dravid and Laxman were not able to score in the final suggest that Aus bowlers took advantage of fatigued Indian team and nailed them.Had this series been played earlier, Indians would have defeated the Aussies.
I COMPLETELY disagree with you there mate.

India (unfortuantely) were outplayed by the best team on the planet in all departments.

Simple As That....

Their international athletes, fatigue has nothing to do with it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
ajaagarkarajaaja, though you are on to something you're looking at the wrong viewpoint. Yes India were tired and home sick, but unfortunately that is part of the game and part of being a good team. International cricket is all about international tours, if you can't perform all the way you're not the best international team in the world, it's unfortunate but true.

This is coming from an Indian supporter so I offer no bias, but the truth which hurts. :(

Choora

State Regular
No mate Indians were simply not good for the task.They may be tired or homesick but that is not the reason for such a pathetic perfomance.

BTW, Tendulkar was one of the biggest flop of the tour from day one, due you think it was coz of homesickness?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Now that is frickin ridiculous. How can Williams get away with it game after game while Pathan gets reprimanded? I am really disgusted by this.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Now that is frickin ridiculous. How can Williams get away with it game after game while Pathan gets reprimanded? I am really disgusted by this.
Couldn't agree with you more!!!

Eclipse

International Debutant
I am not saying Tendulkar is at fault for the loss because he quite clearly is not but he is having a tough time in Final's just recently.

I read he has only avraged somthing like 14 in his last 8 finals' matches but it may have been the other way around (8 in last 14)

Or it could be compleatly diffrent my memory is a little vage.