• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Pathan is still a kid, he and Hayden are exchanging mean looks, my advice to Pathan would be - never do so to soemone double your size! :alien8:

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
harry674 said:
never underestimate pathans.

hayden will be counting stars before he knows what hit him.

I don't think so. This is only our belief because of Mughal history, its got nothing to do with being a Pathan. Waqar Younis gave Andy Symonds mean looks too, rumour is Symonds taught Waqar Younis a good lesson after the game. Same goes for a young Wasim Akram infront of Viv Richards, Imran Khan too was a Pathan, but read what Imran Khan has to say in his bio - never ask for troubl infront someone double your size.

anyway at this rate the Aussies will cross 300, I hope Agarkar was there. Perhaps India will have great trouble in the last ten overs, who's our fifth bowler today. Anything below 300 and I'm sure we'll fight for it.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Being an Indian, ofcourse I'll be glued to the India-Pakistan series but I'll be very keen to watch the Hayden V Murali contest.

Murali never does well against top class left handers eg. Fleming, Lara, and Anwar...dominating Murali will be a huge challenge for Hayden.

Cricket is such wonderful game indeed!
:saint:

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
first thing---hayden is not double the size.

number two do u know mike tyson unleashed terror among men double his size during his years. even recently his opponent about double his size left the ring running to locker room after two rounds.

<Waqar Younis gave Andy Symonds mean looks too, rumour is Symonds taught Waqar Younis a good lesson after the game. Same goes for a young Wasim Akram infront of Viv Richards, Imran Khan too was a Pathan, but read what Imran Khan has to say in his bio - never ask for troubl infront someone double your size.
>

can u give more info or links.

harry674

School Boy/Girl Captain
did anyone notice the ball hayden was lbw was not replayed again.

had it been indian player they would have replayed it all night.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
harry674 said:
first thing---hayden is not double the size.

number two do u know mike tyson unleashed terror among men double his size during his years. even recently his opponent about double his size left the ring running to locker room after two rounds.

<Waqar Younis gave Andy Symonds mean looks too, rumour is Symonds taught Waqar Younis a good lesson after the game. Same goes for a young Wasim Akram infront of Viv Richards, Imran Khan too was a Pathan, but read what Imran Khan has to say in his bio - never ask for troubl infront someone double your size.
>

can u give more info or links.

I don't need to give you any links, I was alive and I have watched those series, infact all you need to do is read Imran Khan's biography (infact you'll be surprised to know that Indian actresses liek Rekha and Zeenat Aman were all over him and he said they were real life prost...es! Imran Khan has said ths all along that he feared Viv the most and considers Viv the best batsman of all time..my source is his biography and interviews for more detail.

Secondly Mike Tyson did that because Tyson himself is big muscular man, Irfan Pathan is still only 18, and to an extent skinny. Compare this to someone like Hayden or Smith or Ricardo Powell or Andy Symonds - these guys are huge, I'mean huuge! I've seen them in real life!

Let us not get into such arguments on a cricket forum, i have read these biographies but I think the moderator would not appreciate us talking size on a cricket forum.

Secondly I don't think Hayden was plumb, he was way outside the crease but it did look lbw..

On the bright side, Martyn has come back in form, lets hope Laxy can do the same.

:saint:

I got a very bad feeling, Australia looks set to cross
340 - and thats bad news. :(

Cricinfo Bulletin quote "It seemed to be a repeat of World Cup final 2003, when India struck two quick blows to hint at a comeback. "

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So finally India allows both Hayden and Martyn back into form. Lee, Gilchrist, Hayden, Martyn...I predict next will be Gillespie, although he hasn't been really out of form but hasn't taken many wickets in this series.

Thank You India , I am glad the misery is over.

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Sanz said:
So finally India allows both Hayden and Martyn back into form. Lee, Gilchrist, Hayden, Martyn...I predict next will be Gillespie, although he hasn't been really out of form but hasn't taken many wickets in this series.

Thank You India , I am glad the misery is over.

Does anyone feel the same. I think we're gonna lose to PAkistan in tests and ODIs (no pun intended). PAkistan already has a special hi fi training camp with Imran Khan, Aqib Javed and Akram as bowling coaches moreover the onus will be on us, we haven't even won a single test match in Pakistan.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
harry674 said:
did anyone notice the ball hayden was lbw was not replayed again.

had it been indian player they would have replayed it all night.
Keep cribbing. Fortune favors the brave.

I predict Aus score 330 for 6 And Indian lose by 90+ runs. Gilchrist Man of the Series, Hayden Man of the Match. I hope John wright and every other non-playing member of this squad dumps this team. They dont deserve this sort of humiliation after so much hard work.

Vroomfondel

U19 12th Man
Bapu Rao Swami said:
I got a very bad feeling, Australia looks set to cross
340 - and thats bad news. :(

Cricinfo Bulletin quote "It seemed to be a repeat of World Cup final 2003, when India struck two quick blows to hint at a comeback. "
I think 340-350 sounds about right. And then there's pretty much no hope after that. I second Sanz, thanks for ending the misery,finally -- a good series comes to a disappointing end.

Added later -- looking ahead to the Pakistan series, I think with Zaheer, Kumble, Irfan, Agarkar, Kartik, Balaji fit, we have a chance to win there.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I went to another room for 5 minutes, came back and noticed that the score was same, thought we bowled a maiden over, well how stupid of me to think like that, it was 33rd over and I should have guessed Drinks break was coming.:rolleyes:

Choora

State Regular
Bapu Rao Swami said:
Pathan is still a kid, he and Hayden are exchanging mean looks, my advice to Pathan would be - never do so to soemone double your size! :alien8:

How many times are Indians bowlers going to make the same mistakes,that too in finals? Pathan should have learnt a lesson from Z Khan who tried to infuiate the Aussie opener in WC final,only to end up in complete humiliation himself:!(