• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Under 19 World Cup Thread***

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vandemataram said:
Pak 81-6:)

I told you guys Pak can't win against india, Indian team is just awesome and Pak is struggling badly against them!

India will be the new champ now!
vandemataram said:
So much so for your high hopes:happy:
Life is a waterfall. :happy:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Oh yep his names Parmar, and I hope they don't let him anywhere near international cricket before he has been tested..

Where's Tariq Mahmood gone? The "worse than Murali arm" from 2002?
Yeah, blatant throw to my eyes.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent to see 2 NZ batsmen in the top 10 for runs scored. And Hamish Bennett ranked #3 for most wickets with 14.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Tim said:
Excellent to see 2 NZ batsmen in the top 10 for runs scored. And Hamish Bennett ranked #3 for most wickets with 14.
It's just a shame they were about the only ones that performed.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Voltman said:
It's just a shame they were about the only ones that performed.
It's just a shame they didn't seem to be able to adjust to sub continental conditions. Most of them would have never been there, let alone played there!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Is it me or are even the true Indian fans (ie the ones that are on here regardless) also laughing at the defeat because of the way certain trolls have been?

danish

U19 12th Man
marc71178 said:
Is it me or are even the true Indian fans (ie the ones that are on here regardless) also laughing at the defeat because of the way certain trolls have been?
Trolls: the next best thing after Cricket itself for improving Indo-Pak relations.
Trolls: uniting Indian and Pakistani Cricket fans in a common cause.

Congrats to Pak teens for winning the WC, indeed they were the deserving winners.Indian batsmen batted very poorly, and like Prasad said they were looking to finish the match before the interval, that was crazy really.

Pak seniors can learn alot from their juniors, the attitude, the intensity with which the juniors played is no where to be seen in the senior team.

danish

U19 12th Man
Has anyone from last year's U-19 World Cup done remotely well on the world stage? I know Riaz Afridi played 1 or 2 matches for Pakistan, but failed. I think he had a suspect action as well.

nehrafan

Banned
danish said:
Has anyone from last year's U-19 World Cup done remotely well on the world stage? I know Riaz Afridi played 1 or 2 matches for Pakistan, but failed. I think he had a suspect action as well.
He was a chucker, played 1-2 matches and never really impressed.

danish

U19 12th Man
nehrafan said:
He was a chucker, played 1-2 matches and never really impressed.
Thank you for repeating what I just said. Has anyone else done remotely well on the senior international stage?

nehrafan

Banned
danish said:
Thank you for repeating what I just said. Has anyone else done remotely well on the senior international stage?
I think Irfan Khan played in the same cup and is now a class act playing for India.

Salman Butt also played in the same cup, and is now opening for Pakistan.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Alistair Cook has been called up by England. Xavier Marshall and Nafis Iqbal have both played Internationally, whilst Eoin Morgan has played for Ireland's senior side. Suresh Raina has played 13 ODIs, and Upul Thuranga and Brendon Taylor are both fixtures in national ODI squads.

Aftab Ahmed hit that six at Cardiff, Denesh Ramdin is now the West Indies' #1 keeper whilst Dinesh Karthik is India's #2 behind the stumps. Enamul Haque won a Test for Bangladesh with his left arm spin, whilst Farveez Maharoof and Nazmul Hossain have both had varying impacts on the International arena with their seam-up, as have the Zimbabweans Graeme Cremer, Tinashe Panyangara, Ed Rainsford, Prosper Utseya and Elton Chigumbura. Liam Plunkett has broken into the England Test side, Talha Jubair and Shahadat Hossain into the Bangladeshi picture, whilst Sean Williams isn't far away from a call.

Neither Pathan nor Butt played.