• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Under -19 World Cup 2014

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
ICC U19 Cricket World Cup UAE 2014 set to break broadcast records | News | ICC U19 Cricket World Cup

All televised matches will be covered using 14 cameras, including ball tracking and virtual graphics provided by Hawk-Eye.

For the first-time in an ICC event, LED stumps will be used to provide the television viewers and spectators at the venue an enhanced experience. The stumps and bails illuminate when the bails are dislodged, giving the broadcaster and the crowd a true indication of when a batsman is out. They will be used for the semi-finals and final only.

The live broadcast will be complemented by a world-class commentary team, which includes Harsha Bhogle, Sanjay Manjrekar, Damien Martyn, Danny Morrison, Jonty Rhodes, Wasim Akram and Alan Wilkins.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Support Staff

Grant Bradburn – Head Coach

Dayle Hadlee – Bowling Coach

Kaushik Patel – Manager

Blair Jarratt – Physio

Adam Keen – Trainer
No technical analyst getting vids this time, dtstl.

"Everyone around town says our poor play of spin is mental, I say it's technical" - Jamie Siddons.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Weerasundara enjoying his fellow Lankans and that glassy-looking road.

Joylord Gumbie is back and doing the business for Zim, good to see.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Jordan didn't pitch much in the oppositions half earlier. Rabada does look good. Both late 80's.

Least England have put on a good score and can hopefully get a win under their belts.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Fmd, 7 off about 34 balls in the second half of his innings. Phlegm's "new Guptill" call on Weerasundara just gets better by the day. :/

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Well what a dire ending for the windies!!..just pathetic how often this attack lets the opposition off the hook!!...same things happened against Bang in the recent series. They'll have a tea virtually in it's knees and just needing to finish off the last few wickets and then something changes..they get too relaxed and start bowling absolute crap...and the problem is late in the innings the most econominal bowler (Moti-kanhai) has usually finished his spell so the captain can't turn to him to keep a leash on things..it's just poor...117/8 and end up 198/9..

As for the batting...well i said it was a concern didn't i?

Pooran= flatters to deceive...

Hetmyer= can't pace an innings and just swings for the fences..

Drakes- absolute rubbish who shouldn't be anywhere near the side

Solozano= good player but needs to really stand up to be counted in these situations

Chanderpaul= was unlucky being ran out today...he's so important because he usually holds the innings together (just like his father)

Allen= Good talent but again like Solozano it's these situations where class stands up

Hope to see some changes to the batting next time around!!..i'd also look at maybe adding an extra batsman, dropping a pacer and letting Allen bowl his left-spin as the fifth bowler.

The bowling i'd keep the main four..

Jordan= needs to be more consistent down the stretch..

Jones= done well...need more wickets upfront though

Moti-kanhai= brilliant, tight bowling as usual

Lewis= again in the wickets and done well

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well what a dire ending for the windies!!..just pathetic how often this attack lets the opposition off the hook!!...same things happened against Bang in the recent series. They'll have a tea virtually in it's knees and just needing to finish off the last few wickets and then something changes.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Milind isn't half bad. Getting plenty of away movement from the left hander.

Khan bloke on the other hand seems pretty ordinary.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I finally managed to watch our game against South Africa. All the batting looked average or worse (particularly ours) and that was disappointing. But there was some serious pace talent on display from Jordan and Rabada, and I really enjoyed that.

Rabada had good pace, a lovely action and was bowling an excellent line and length. Seriously impressive stuff. Jordan was by far the quickest bowler on display, he is clearly going to be 150kph plus in future. I just wish he pitched it up more because when he did he usually beat the bat or caused problems.Also, I think his action is clean which is a relief. Still, it's great that we are getting some fast bowling talent through again.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sanju Samson might be replacing Dhoni eventually. Not entirely convinced he has what it takes though no matter how well he does. Something missing that I can't put my finger on. Or maybe I am just a moron.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Serious question, why doesn't India poach Pakistan's fast bowlers by paying them a lot? I mean 1947 wasn't that far, they could easily claim someone from the previous generation in the family was Indian.