• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Under-19 World Cup 2009/10

Flem274*

123/5
Tbf that was only a 20/20 game and didn't the Masters players move Southee into that New Zealand XI because he would of been to quick for them?
Nah the selectors just wanted him in a meaningless exhibition game vs Bangladesh iirc. The Masters bowlers were managing mid 130s so they would have seen Southee style pace in the nets. Andrew Jones was a class above in any case (would he like to come out of retirement? :p)

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
I just rang the WICB's headquarters at factory road to try and find out how the 1st practice match went. The cretin I was speaking too didn't even know there was a practice match being played until the official ones start next week.

Cracking stuff.

bryce

International Regular
Yea he's decent :ph34r: Gave me a month long bruise in the ribs when we played his school on a concrete wicket a few years back, I can tell you that wasn't fun.
Yea when he bowls on a length its so awkward 'cause he gets such steep bounce from his height+action, and then when he's got the new ball it's swinging and bouncing like mad he is ****in' good

Flem274*

123/5
Yea when he bowls on a length its so awkward 'cause he gets such steep bounce from his height+action, and then when he's got the new ball it's swinging and bouncing like mad he is ****in' good
Looking forward to seeing him at FC level at some stage if he makes it.

bryce

International Regular
He should at some stage but he's got a lot of bowlers to get past. He's almost impossible to hit off a length, real good guy too

Beamer

I finally got the score from the first match but have no scorecard.

Northern Districts A: 123 (Keir Bettley 34, Trent Boult 22; Nelson Bolan 4/30, Jomel Warrican 2/26)

West Indies Under 19: 220/9 (Shane Dowrich 71no; Yannic Cariah 36, Evin Lewis 35; Andy Mathieson 2/ 31, Graeme Aldridge 2/39, Keir Bettley 2/48)

Notes:

- Match started at 1pm due to overnight rain.
- After ND A were bundled out for 123 Windies Under 19 decided to set themselves a target of 215.
- Nelson Bolan is a tall fast bowler from Anguilla.
- Jomel Warrican is a firey left arm spinner from Barbados.
- Shane Dowrich is a wicket-keeper batsman from Barbados.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Yea rate him a lot. He pretty much has everything a bowler needs to succeed, height, pace, and swing. He needs to get a tad more consistant though as that seemed to be his downfull when he played for the Under 19's last year. But yea with the bowling stocks currently around the ND area he might be waiting for quite awhile until he plays FC cricket.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I finally got the score from the first match but have no scorecard.

Northern Districts A: 123 (Keir Bettley 34, Trent Boult 22; Nelson Bolan 4/30, Jomel Warrican 2/26)

West Indies Under 19: 220/9 (Shane Dowrich 71no; Yannic Cariah 36, Evin Lewis 35; Andy Mathieson 2/ 31, Graeme Aldridge 2/39, Keir Bettley 2/48)

Notes:

- Match started at 1pm due to overnight rain.
- After ND A were bundled out for 123 Windies Under 19 decided to set themselves a target of 215.
- Nelson Bolan is a tall fast bowler from Anguilla.
- Jomel Warrican is a firey left arm spinner from Barbados.
- Shane Dowrich is a wicket-keeper batsman from Barbados.
Good stuff from WI. Pity Boult didn't grab a big haul though.

Beamer

Good stuff from WI. Pity Boult didn't grab a big haul though.
He did at least lead a lower order fightback with some lusty blows. Not sure how he went with the ball though. It's good to see Windies Under 19 had the confidence to set themselves that target even though they had bundled the opposition out for so little.

It's even better to see them get 220 without Braithwaite or Creary contributing much to the cause.

Howsie

International Captain
92/2 | NEW ZEALAND UNDER-19s vs PAKISTAN UNDER-19s

3rd warm-up game between New Zealand and Pakistan. New Zealand made 232 with Anderson making 46 and Cachopa making 70. Pakistan have got of to a pretty good start and are currently 85-2.

This New Zealand team does seems to have some pretty promising all-rounders though. Jimmy Neesham, Harry Boam and Doug Bracewell are probably up there with the best batsmen in the team and they're all 130-135 type bowlers. Corey Anderson is 135-140 and he's easily the best batsmen and Logan Van Beek is a decent batsmen and he's suppose to be this teams quickest bowler.

Liking that a lot tbh.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Reckon Boam and Neesham's bowling will die out because as Neesham has said on here I think hes focusing more on his batting these days, Im sure he was in the team as a medium pacer a couple of years back and Harry always looked more of a batsman to me. Anderson sounds like hes going to be injury prone and will go down the route of Oram while I reckon Dougie will be an expensive bowler who can bat like Franklin. Hopefully one of these guys can become a future allrounder

Flem274*

123/5
Reckon Boam and Neesham's bowling will die out because as Neesham has said on here I think hes focusing more on his batting these days, Im sure he was in the team as a medium pacer a couple of years back and Harry always looked more of a batsman to me. Anderson sounds like hes going to be injury prone and will go down the route of Oram while I reckon Dougie will be an expensive bowler who can bat like Franklin. Hopefully one of these guys can become a future allrounder
So you're an optimist then? :p

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
So you're an optimist then? :p
Im used to disappointment from NZ cricket, wouldn't be surprised if Williamson averaged 25 in tests:(. Nah but seriously I think Jimmy's bowling has taken a backfoot and im sure Harry's will in the future.

bryce

International Regular
Damn Bettley bowled that many overs, haven't faced him personally but seen him bowl a few times doesn't seem to have the greatest action for a leggie crouches down upon delivery as if he's giving himself a .... lol, quality batsman though:happy:
Looks as if my thought that the batsman may struggle proved about right

Flem274*

123/5
JimmyGS getting an opener first ball. WAG.

We're taking a bit of stick now though.

Nope, as i type Boam gets a wicket. Hope we can slow them down and run through them now.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just had a look at the squads Canada has a 14 year old!:ph34r::laugh:
He's 15 though. Scary thing is though, he's younger than me and played in the Intercontinental Cup once. Funny thing about that game, he was the only player in the Canadian side born in Canada. :laugh::ph34r:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
JimmyGS getting an opener first ball. WAG.

We're taking a bit of stick now though.

Nope, as i type Boam gets a wicket. Hope we can slow them down and run through them now.
Second highest score as well and the top one is a regular in NZ FC cricket. A proper member (i.e. one who didn't join after they became famous) to make a career out of the game?