• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tri-Nation ODI Series in Bangladesh

fishyguy

U19 12th Man
I find Mahmudullah pretty funny. He dosen't seem to be overawed by the situation. I remember seeing him debut as an off spinner, turns out he can bat too. Imrul Kayes still dosen't impress me too much neither does Raqibul. Should open with Aftab Ahmed and replace Roqibul with Alok Kapali for a game. Still BD bowling attack is very week and with the dew looks like Indians will chase it down easily.

Howsie

International Captain
Been under a rock for the last year?
Take out his record agaisnt minnows and his career averages are 27 with the bat and 45 with the ball, how is that world-class?

Since 2008 his record when taking out minnows is 30 with the bat and 39 with the ball, again how is that world-class?

He's been a pretty good test bowler during his career so far, but how is 29 with the bat and 28 with the ball a world class all-rounder.

I find him to be so overrated on this forum tbh.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Take out his record agaisnt minnows and his career averages are 27 with the bat and 45 with the ball, how is that world-class?

Since 2008 his record when taking out minnows is 30 with the bat and 39 with the ball, again how is that world-class?

He's been a pretty good test bowler during his career so far, but how is 29 with the bat and 28 with the ball a world class all-rounder.

I find him to be so overrated on this forum tbh.
Take out records against blah blah blah... He scored the runs alright its better than him not and he doesnt really get the chance to play the likes of Australia and India much does he? Just look at the manner in which he score his runs against the minnows though they were dominant, along with his ton against Pakistan which kick started it. Yeah he may be a little over rated but Id class him as world class because hes preformed at almost every opportunity hes got be it against minnow or test teams and his captaincy has been good too, he seems to inspire his players.

Howsie

International Captain
So Ryan ten Doeschate is a world class batsmen then, I mean it's not like he get's to play against the top teams or anything.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At Prince's request to say my bets before the end of the match, I have 'laid' India at 1.30, i.e. am on Bangladesh to win this match.

The odds are ridiculous. I hope India win despite me having money on Banglas (but won't mind if Banglas win - I may put on my Bangladesh ODI shirt actually) but India's odds were too short.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Apologies for running away last time- it was getting late that night

The Indian fielding has been a topic of discussion again, with Harbhajan dropping that catch and missing a direct hit. Chopra said in his defence that he's a decent fielder having a bad day, while Marvan said that his confidence was low lately, and unlike him. That apart, Nehra deserves to be dropped for a long term with immediate effect for his failed dive that cost four runs. But then, if you pick an Indian team purely on fielding, how different would it look from this one? Barely- just RP Singh or Irfan or Agarkar ahead of Nehra. Yet again, India's fielding weaknesses are highlighted by Dhoni's field settings, with fielders spaced so far apart.

There are complaints that the Indians struggle to take early wickets. But this is a weakened Indian attack, lacking two of their best new-ball bowlers, dropped in the (recent) past on form. Some of the discarded bowlers were better in the early overs than this bunch- and got early wickets. You don't expect their replacements to do much better, do you?

There have been few wickets taken in the middle overs, yet again. That helps the batting side build a platform for a final overs attack. There's room for Amit Mishra to come in as a second spinner; he should make the first XI after this game. Another recurring problem is the lack of balance- none of the bowlers are capable of scoring runs- while there are at least four in each of the other teams. There are plenty of options for India, and it's up to the selectors to pick them. They can't afford to fall back on Yuvraj Singh all the time.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
At Prince's request to say my bets before the end of the match
Just to make it clear, I wasn't accusing you of lying or anything; I only wanted you to say your bets early because you're on a crazy hot streak and I want in. :p

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
So Ryan ten Doeschate is a world class batsmen then, I mean it's not like he get's to play against the top teams or anything.
tu ch'e

Never seen him play tbh but he hasnt really done anything against top flight teams (I think) wereas Shakib has.

But fair point would be interesting to see how he went

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just to make it clear, I wasn't accusing you of lying or anything; I only wanted you to say your bets early because you're on a crazy hot streak and I want in. :p
Haha nah I knew what you were saying. Hell I've followed you in a couple of times when youv'e made the call early and been right :)

Shri

Mr. Glass
All depends on Sehwag, Gambhir, Yuvraj and Dhoni in the game. Wait wut? I have just listed the whole damn batting line-up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah India really should still walk this. But still, 1.30... get stuffed. Would have got on India a bit at 1.44 or something similar.

Really need to get Sehwag early before he blasts Banglas out of the game.

Howsie

International Captain
tu ch'e

Never seen him play tbh but he hasnt really done anything against top flight teams (I think) wereas Shakib has.

But fair point would be interesting to see how he went
Well he has a higher batting average then Shakib when only counting test playing countries, and his bowling average is only one run higher. So if Shakib's a world class all-rounder then I think it's only fair Ryan ten Doeschate is classified as one :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mahmudullah's always just had a touch of class about him with the bat. I don't really know how to explain it but he it's always been there. That said, I've been pretty surprised with his big-hitting feats of late; didn't really think he had that in him. If anything I'd have thought it more likely that he became a decent Test #6 averaging 35 odd than start doing this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well he has a higher batting average then Shakib when only counting test playing countries, and his bowling average is only one run higher. So if Shakib's a world class all-rounder then I think it's only fair Ryan ten Doeschate is classified as one :ph34r:
Shakib's bowling in one dayers is more about economy than anything else though. Opposition teams have tended to just see him off knowing they can belt the rest, so his average doesn't really do him justice. That said, I do agree he's become a bit over-rated. He has immense potential but he hasn't really done all that much yet; world class is a stretch.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL @ Sehwag's first ball being a free hit.

Death wish. Either 6 or 'out'

As expected, he's hit it down a fielders throat.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
Ryan Ten Doeschate - World class:ph34r:

But seriously Shakib just looks class, stats dont tell the full story

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That run out from Razzak sounds awesome? Great fielding after the misfield?

Anyway that run out gives me a chance to trade my bet and profit both ways. May need one more wicket though.

Btw, wouldn't mind Kohli to score some runs here. Love that kid so much.