• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at the WACA

Furball

Evil Scotsman
"I tried everything. I was nice to him and supported him. I tried to be nasty by batting him at No 11 to make him angry. But he was just a bit soft."

That's a nice way of saying that he hasnt got what it akes
Or perhaps Warne isn't the man management genius that everyone thinks he is.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fmd you can name a number of blokes who "could be the best in the world if they put it together". I mean look at Johnson - express pace, alarming bounce from a length, unusual slinging action and can get it to swing in. If he gets it right he could be the etc etc....

Personally think he's a good prospect, Tremlett. But I wish I had a dollar for every bloke I've heard described as "potentially the world's best bowler".

pup11

International Coach
I meant "disgraceful" in the sense of what the selectors have done to Hauritz for whatever reason, if that's not clear. Think Hauritz is doing the right thing by speaking up.
Don't know how Hauritz has taken a swipe at the selectors, I watched this interview during the game and I think he handled things in a pretty mature fashion.
At his heart he knows his international career is over but that still hasn't made him spew venom at the selectors, therefore its just sad that people can have problem with a nice bloke like him....

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Don't know how Hauritz has taken a swipe at the selectors, I watched this interview during the game and I think he handled things in a pretty mature fashion.
At his heart he knows his international career is over but that still hasn't made him spew venom at the selectors, therefore its just sad that people can have problem with a nice bloke like him....
Still reckon he'll play ODIs tbh.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm not saying he's "taken a swipe". But he's made it pretty clear that the selectors haven't treated him well at all.

Evermind

International Debutant
A piece of me wants the winds of fate to blow Hauritz into a selectors role in the future.
While Hilditch's son eagerly awaits selection for the national side, after having done everything in his power to do well in domestic cricket...

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sure I remember an interview with Tremlett a year or two back basically saying he was glad to get away from Warne, that he hadn't liked playing for him. I can't find anything on google though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm sure I remember an interview with Tremlett a year or two back basically saying he was glad to get away from Warne, that he hadn't liked playing for him. I can't find anything on google though.
That rings a bell. Possibly from around the time that Warne announced that he wasn't going to fulfil the final year of his contract with Hampshire.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Ahh the god damn Sunday Mail.

"Clark slams revolving door"

It's about selection policy, but inadvertantly reveals Stuart Clark to in fact be, Jesus Christ.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
"I tried everything. I was nice to him and supported him. I tried to be nasty by batting him at No 11 to make him angry. But he was just a bit soft."

That's a nice way of saying that he hasnt got what it akes
...No it isn't. Its Warne saying he doesn't have the same brash, angry personality as him.

I'm pretty sure saying that someone has the potential to be number one bowler in the world is rating them and frankly anyone who says otherwise is just looking for an argument. If your going to do that i have no time for you.

There.

TumTum

Banned
Ponting likened him to Sehwag after he made that 80 against NZ, not when he came on to the scene (in fact he was likened to Bradman then, having bettered him in a couple of things). But I agree with the general argument that he should be persisted with, he has genuine match wining capabilities which Watson and Katich don't have. Also despite his unorthodox technique, I think he is just great to watch.

Woodster

International Captain
I think with Katich out for the series and few other openers beating down the door for selection, it shouldn't be a gamble in any way to give the promise to Hughes that despite how he goes, he will have the luxury of being selected for the final three Tests in this series. Of course having the confidence to know he has at least three Tests to show what he's capable of, it should alleviate some of the pressures felt by most that get a chance in the side, especially one whose game is based around taking a chance or two.