• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

King Pietersen

International Captain
Khawaja lucky TBH. If the umpire had given him out the ball before it'd have definitely been upheld, was pitching inline and hitting. Reckon Dharmasena was watching the LBW hawkeye instead.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I reckon it's the whole burden of proof thing that is ****ing with DRS, maybe 3rd umps should have free range just to call it as they see it
This.

I can only assume they have no jurisdiction to use any common sense at all.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the one time I actually want to read CS's Ashes thread btw. Would be well...interesting if more Englishmen were online.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah come on. I think it's pretty fair to say we would've have been talking about it non stop for half an hour if there was no DRS. But that's because the on field decision wasn't as bad as the tv one.

I'm still a fan of DRS, and would always stress that it would've remained out without it, and I think more moaning is a pretty bad reason to not have it, but it's definitely true.
Okay spikey

Spikey

chris rogers and michael clarke sharing a laugh at shane watson as they walk out onto the field

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Khawaja lucky TBH. If the umpire had given him out the ball before it'd have definitely been upheld, was pitching inline and hitting. Reckon Dharmasena was watching the LBW hawkeye instead.
Arguably lucky that this will remembered as an unlucky, sawn off innings rather than the inevitable dire one that would've materialised if he continued as well. :ph34r:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually though the ICC are trialling this new Tech this Test, not being used though is it yet? So maybe it'll just hasten it in. Maybe it's what the umps want *conspiracy theory*.

Will be interesting if they say they'd have got a different decision with that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I reckon it's the whole burden of proof thing that is ****ing with DRS, maybe 3rd umps should have free range just to call it as they see it
That's absolutely true. The bloke with no tech and four seconds effectively overrules the bloke with tech and four minutes makes a startling lack of sense. Also ****s me to tears when people start saying thisngs like "There wasn't enough evidence, even if it was out it shouldn't have been given out".

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This.

I can only assume they have no jurisdiction to use any common sense at all.
It's like all of this sort of stuff, the idiots get hold of it who have no idea about the game itself and common sense goes right out the window.

Spikey

Arguably lucky that this will remembered as an unlucky, sawn off innings rather than the inevitable dire one that would've materialised if he continued as well. :ph34r:
Usman should have learnt from last test and not reviewed. got lucky.