• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***THE FINAL- India vs Australia - November 19th - Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad (D/N)

Sunil1z

International Regular
Jadeja and kl Rahul, s Yadav just lurked about

Tbf at 47-3, they should have really have done better with the bowling resources they had

I think they brought on the spinners way too early, should've held them back to bowl the important 20-35 overs and should have been more attacking

By the time 20 overs had gone, the spinners already bowled three overs each
They wanted to give spinners as many overs as possible with the dry ball before dew arrived. However they should have introduced Siraj in 11th over . And if Rohit had no faith in him , he should have played Ashwin .

Jumno

U19 Captain
They wanted to give spinners as many overs as possible with the dry ball before dew arrived. However they should have introduced Siraj in 11th over . And if Rohit had no faith in him , he should have played Ashwin .
True and I thought that too

Aussie recovered from 47-3 and by the 20 overs their good bowling resources somewhat diminished

Gob

International Coach

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I have to say as an outsider I am finding it hilarious about the rumpus that resting your feet on the trophy has caused and also the fact Travis Head seems to have gone full Jack Grealish since the final.

Well done Australia, you deserve to celebrate how you want, the fact India are so upset about it is just a bonus.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's just a cultural difference innit. Putting your feet up on a table that has books on it is frowned upon because it's seen as disrespectful for example. There's also the belief that lower caste folks were made from Prajapati's feet. So there seems to be a pretty strong anti foot fetish going on in the subcontinent.

Owzat

U19 Captain
I don't think it's that big of an issue though. The main rule I want changed in ODI's is the 10 over bowling limit. Get rid of that and I think you have the opportunity for a much higher standard of cricket, and a much better balance between bat and ball through the middle overs.
erm, nah. the 10 overs per bowler restriction is a lot cleverer than 80% of cricket fans, if you don't have it sides will just load up extra batsman/batsmen and nullify the 'balance'

if you want better balance then sides should pick better bowlers, and use them better also. Maybe instead of giving your "best bowlers" the new ball give it to two who can do almost as good a job wivvit but do sweet FA with an older ball when charged with bowling in the middle overs

a lot of people moaned chronically about what I called the "muddle" overs, some would just scrap them and play like 20 overs......

bottom line is scrap the 10 overs limit per bowler and you basically make a mockery of the format, in some games you might even see just 2-3 bowlers picked with a quality spinner just tying up one end and maybe bagging wickets whilst the other two/quicks rotate. the game would become about as subtle as a brick, that kind of 'thinking' is right up there with the failed subs experiment

ODIs are fine, only thing I would change is making the pitches more helpful to the quicks and abandon this idea that if it isn't 300 vs 300 totals it isn't cricket, could easily counter your lame suggestion with another, ditch powerplays and just let the fielders all stand 2/3 of the way to the boundary or further back

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This victory is even more satisfying when you watch back over highlights of years of these morons acting like a collective test tube of ADHD each time a wicket falls in the field.

Sooner Kohli retires the better.