• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
There is a small hurdle called Federer. He spoiled a Sampras Wimbledon run. And he will be tough to beat.
If Federer play like he is playing now (against Hewitt) then I think Agassi has 75 % chance of winning the US open.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes Federer is making a lot of unforced errors but give credit to Hewitt, he is not letting Federer dictate play and is taking it right up to the champion. A tie-break looms.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did someone flick a switch? Hewitt had 5 set points in this 2nd set, couldn't capitalise. We're in to a tie-breaker and Federer decides to turn it on and wins it 7-0. Utterly dominated Hewitt all of a sudden.

What a champion!

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
indie2 said:
Yessss!!!!!

Into the final

Now, two questions? Will he win? and, Will he retire on the spot?

Man, I'm happy he's done it.
It would be great if he won it. I definettly think he should retire imediatyl he isnt going to get this far again and it would be a great way to go out like Sampras did 3 years ago

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, Roger just displayed what he is capable of. He was just flying out there. Saves another set point on Heweitt's serve..and there we go, Hewitt wins third set. :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Did someone flick a switch? Hewitt had 5 set points in this 2nd set, couldn't capitalise. We're in to a tie-breaker and Federer decides to turn it on and wins it 7-0. Utterly dominated Hewitt all of a sudden.

What a champion!
Yeup, really great tie-break game from Roger. He wont have it so easy against Andre though. Andre wont allow anyone to save 5 set points. That said I expect 4th set to finish fast, IMO roger was taking Hewitt lightly and now I can see him hitting really well especially his backhand which was poor in first 2 sets. He is making Hewitt run a lot more now.

Wins 1st game of 4th set easily.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And so it begins... Andre vs. Roger. I can't wait. I am a huge fan of Federer, and only really cheer Safin over him but my heart is with Agassi today. One last win would be awesome, let's hope its his destiny.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agassi was great for 2 and a half sets, after that Roger dominated, Agassi just had no chance. I get more and more convinced by the day at this guy will be the greatest of all time...

shaka

International Regular
He needs to work on his weakness (I think its his backhand) if he wants to be unstoppable. I think that Safin exploited this to beat him.

Simon

lol his backhand is not a weakness, if he plays like did this morning everytime he is unbeatable...
his game isnt as effectiveon clay and Nadal and Coria can beat him on that surface, but thats it...

C_C

International Captain
Yeah i think it was Agassi....but it sure doesnt look worth the $$ and remotely safe...

Simon

yeh that was Agassi and Federer, Haas and Federer also played an exhibition match in Germany on a boat floating down the river going through some city shortly after the Agassi match....

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
That was on the worlds first 6 star hotel in Dubai, only reason i know that fact is that i saw it on the "Amazing Race".

hehehe tv, gotta love it :P

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
cameeel said:
Thats from a match between Federer and someone about 6 months ago isnt it?

yep, no it doesn't look especially safe, certainly wouldn't catch me playing tennis that high up

cameeel

International Captain
age_master said:
yep, no it doesn't look especially safe, certainly wouldn't catch me playing tennis that high up
I reckon you would if you were paid as much money as they probably were to do it