• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Only seen a handful of Nishikori matches. A lot of talk about him being a potential top 10-er. What are your thoughts Othani?

Had a breakout year last year but could get even better this year.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Only seen a handful of Nishikori matches. A lot of talk about him being a potential top 10-er. What are your thoughts Othani?

Had a breakout year last year but could get even better this year.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
I think he's certainly taking the right steps, but his size and injury problems could hurt him. His goal was to get to number 45 as 46 was the highest a Japanese man had ever reached. I guess the next step is top 20. He probably needs to develop his serve a bit more and have that steady attacking game that the top 10 players possess.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed, clearly getting frustrated at Hewitt chasing everything down though. Didn't think he had it in him tbh.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is great work from Hewitt here. Raging against the dying of the light. Being aggressive and having a go. Good on him.

Djokovic remains a **** (apologies to his fans) but then, so does his opponent.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
This is great work from Hewitt here. Raging against the dying of the light. Being aggressive and having a go. Good on him.

Djokovic remains a **** (apologies to his fans) but then, so does his opponent.
That's the kind of thing that I want to see from Tomic. They're chalk and cheese as players, but Hewitt was always going to play the entire match. He could be 5-0 down in the third on with 3 match points against him and he'll go as hard as he did in the first point of the match.

That said I went to bed at the end of the second so I missed this whole fightback. I'm guessing Hewitt's first serve improved as it was running around 40% when I switched off.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It did, but I think it was a combo of Novak going slightly, very slightly, off the level he played the first two sets; and Hewitt really cracking his ground strokes rather than just being happy to bunt them back.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Jeez, will one of these girls hold their serve?

My mute button is getting a working over, last night and again today.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol Wozniacki will forever be a Grand Slam joke, and I'm a bigger joke for tipping her ffs.

Edit: wait, she's not done yet :-O

Last edited: