• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
She may also be the kind of person who prefers a team sport, for all we know. Hopefully she finds happiness whatever she decides to do. A very nice person from all accounts apart from being such a talented sportsperson.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
She’s set for life financially, doesn’t like touring, has other interests and is recently engaged

Hope that she has a happy marriage, healthy kids and enjoys her life

She’ll be an Australian icon forever even if she never picks up a racquet again

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I’m not convinced we’ve seen the last of Barty, but we’ll see.
Rafa is now out for six weeks after his spectacular start to the year. He looked a little short by his standards last week. If Djoko keeps fit and vaccination rules are relaxed he might have a chance of overtaking him at the French and Wimbledon.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I’m not convinced we’ve seen the last of Barty, but we’ll see.
Rafa is now out for six weeks after his spectacular start to the year. He looked a little short by his standards last week. If Djoko keeps fit and vaccination rules are relaxed he might have a chance of overtaking him at the French and Wimbledon.
Don’t know about that as she doesn’t seem to be driven by same forces as someone like Serena

Would not surprise me at all if her future tennis appearances were limited to charity events, doubles with a friend or a limited return after having kid(s) just to prove that she can do it like Evonne Cawley

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How about a return to cricket? Obviously she'd never make that ludicrously stacked Australian team, but WBBL would be a more laid-back lifestyle than travelling the world to play tennis.
Saw a joke thing on twitter last week asking who was more likely to play Big Bash next year and Barty, ABDV and a couple of others were the options and ABDV said Barty was the best bet. Maybe he knew ?

Being serious though, bubbles and the extra stress of the last few years could see a lot of shortened careers in individual sports in the coming years as there is more to life to some.

Niall

International Coach
You look at players like Ruud, Norrie , Sinner and while its cruel these boys are not stars so you want to cut some slack for Kyrigos who clearly has a lot of charisma and can be compelling, but this evening v Sinerzzzz just so obnoxious with the umpire.

I dunno, you want to warm to him, but then when you watch him play and how unpleasant he can be then its not easy.

Alcarez clearly on the juice.

Will Iga ever lose again:euro:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
You look at players like Ruud, Norrie , Sinner and while its cruel these boys are not stars so you want to cut some slack for Kyrigos who clearly has a lot of charisma and can be compelling, but this evening v Sinerzzzz just so obnoxious with the umpire.

I dunno, you want to warm to him, but then when you watch him play and how unpleasant he can be then its not easy.
not just him, a lot of obnoxious behavior going on, zverev, brooksby etc...as well, they feel they can get away with anything right now, atp looking completely toothless with their "punishments"...

Alcarez clearly on the juice.
#nadalclone

Will Iga ever lose again:euro:
if osaka regains form, she is very capable of beating her...otherwise, she looks pretty tough to beat right now...having said that her next match at miami is against kvitova right? she certainly has the firepower to beat swiatek...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I think there's a case for Emma skipping the clay court season this year and getting ready for Wimbledon. Another injury hampered loss today. It's hard to see win her winning many consecutive long matches on the clay.

Niall

International Coach
Yep that's a good point, but sadly I don't think she will do that. It won't help her mentally or physically a poor run on clay when it comes to grass but but heh its her call.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
blisters on her foot seems to be a recurring theme...meanwhile swiatek going from strength to strength...

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It looks like Medvedev and his fellow war mongers will be banned from Wimbledon. Hopefully it's not too late for the French Open to follow by example.

Niall

International Coach
It looks like Medvedev and his fellow war mongers will be banned from Wimbledon. Hopefully it's not too late for the French Open to follow by example.
Amusingly Khachanov is the best male player on grass and I dunno if he is even still alive.

I am happy that for once I shall not be able to waste money on Sabalenka winning.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
A bit surprised to see Andy Murray as a wild card entry into the Madrid Open. He was supposed to be missing the clay court season. He's not a genuine contender anywhere, but he if wants a Wimbledon farewell I don't see the point in this.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Amusingly Khachanov is the best male player on grass and I dunno if he is even still alive.
?? is he conscripted into putin's army or something? also djokovic is the best male player on grass, khachanov isn't nearly as good, you should know this... :)