• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Raducanu losing is no surprise after the last few weeks of barely being on a tennis court. Andy Murray lost his wedding ring and instead taking a hint he was stupid enough to go looking for it.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Good win for Norrie at Indian Wells. He's almost the opposite of Raducanu. She has no British heritage but came here as an infant and thus came through the system. Norrie has two British parents, but were abroad by the time he was born and he didn't come through the system.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
it was a weird match, norrie basically kept the ball in play and waited for the georgian to make mistakes and he obliged plenty especially in the 3rd set...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the aussie open is requiring all players to be vaccinated and novak is not sure if he will travel there, probably means he hasn't been...of course he may change his stance or the tournament may change their rule between now and jan but one can always hope, right? :)

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched Raducanu play for the first time and she was very poor

Be interesting to see how her career pans out from here

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I would expect she’s going to be very inconsistent in the short term. This was the first tournament she’s even won a match on the WTA tour.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daniil Medvedev said:
I want to keep my medical private for a reason. I feel like tennis is such a brutal sport where you’re always one on one against your opponent, and any information you give him can go against you. If you’re playing Australia, it’s obvious you’re vaccinated. So that’s why I said I’m willing to play Australia, but I won’t say if you’ll see me there, but we’re going to see in January.
:huh:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
playing coy...the top of the men's game is filled with dickheads now...djokovic, medvedev, zverev, tsitsipas...

Niall

International Coach
Yep he can be a berk, but fair play to Novak for coming out and talking about Peng. He makes a lot of money in China so a ballsy move.

Hello Mr James. :ph34r:

Osaka also has spoken out, interesting to see if any of the others have the courage to as it absolutely stinks this story sadly.

The tour finals of the men and ladies passing by without a great deal of interest unfortunately. The ladies event used to be gun, but once Williams started to sack it off and ****ing Cibulkova won it was a slow demise. 3 slam winners missing and Barbara rocking up supposedly somewhat injured and yep obviously played the dbls. :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
Kontaveit v Muguruzu final ffs.

Kontaveit who has not got past the 3rd round in a slam while Mugu has not qualified for a quarter final.

What a crappy way to end the year for the ladies.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't see a big issue with that final, muguruza is a two time major champ, has had a renaissance year, definitely has the pedigree...and kontaveit has been the hottest player on the women's tour the past 3 months or so...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i don't see a big issue with that final, muguruza is a two time major champ, has had a renaissance year, definitely has the pedigree...and kontaveit has been the hottest player on the women's tour the past 3 months or so...
Yeah, considering some Womans Finals recently, having someone of Garbine's stature win isn't bad.

this Peng Shuai story is pretty frightening, really find it odd, that it's not more of a big deal, power of China nowadays I guess.