• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

Shady Slim

International Coach
i don't see a big issue with that final, muguruza is a two time major champ, has had a renaissance year, definitely has the pedigree...and kontaveit has been the hottest player on the women's tour the past 3 months or so...
feel we have moved past grading sportswomen on this point ? ?

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the rapist beats the douche in three to reach the finals and will meet the racist for the title...

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's doing a lot more than showing some spine, it's an incredibly bold move standing up against an Authoritarian, but money-making (for WTA) country.

If only other organisations would do similar.

Compare it to the ATP statement

Andrea Gaudenzi, ATP Chairman: "The situation involving Peng Shuai continues to raise serious concerns within and beyond our sport. The response to those concerns has so far fallen short. We again urge for a line of open direct communication between the player and the WTA in order to establish a clearer picture of her situation.

We know that sport can have a positive influence on society and generally believe that having a global presence gives us the best chance of creating opportunity and making an impact.

We will continue to consult with our members and monitor any developments as this issue evolves."

Or IOC.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't believe this is happening politically it seem like whacking a tennis ball proverbially in the face of every Victorian, which actually I'm not against, but...

Niall

International Coach
If he does not play , it looks a very weak field, Tsitsipas is injured, Rublev literally just got the rona, Berretttini back from injury so its hard to see past Medvedev or Zverev and obviously Rafa best of the rest.

After that,,,,FAA,,,Sinner....Ruud, Shapo?

Not great at all.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i hope nadal wins and becomes the 2nd player in the open era to win each slam at least 2 times...would also get him to 21 majors...despise djokovic, medvedev, zverev, tsitsipas et al...else hopefully one of faa, sinner or rudd breaks through...shapovalov usually has a couple of great rounds in him but i don't see him stringing together 7 great rounds...

unfortunately, one of the above-mentioned dickheads is going to win so i am not really interested in the men's draw right now...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
she just goes for broke on every shot...when enough of them land in, she wins else she loses...not the kind of player who can tough it out and win while not playing at her best, especially against strong opposition...