• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Stanford Super Series

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Sir Viv said on TMS something along the lines that the atmosphere was what the World would have been like had the ICC not sterilized it for their TV audiences

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I$C$C haven't sterilized the ground audience because they want people to watch on TV instead, they (and domestic boards) have damaged the potential for a good audience and atmosphere by a) extensively high ticket-prices and b) over-zealous ground rules. Some of these over-zealous rules (esp. those relating to ambush-marketing) are there at the insistence of sponsors and the sponsors' deals would not be so profitable without them. The rules about things like no musical instruments, however, seem to be without any particularly good reason.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
insistence of sponsors and the sponsors' deals would not be so profitable without them. The rules about things like no musical instruments, however, seem to be without any particularly good reason.

tbh, if someone wants to blow a trumpet then they should do it at home, not next to people that have paid good money to watch the cricket. Its more than annoying.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
tbh, if someone wants to blow a trumpet then they should do it at home, not next to people that have paid good money to watch the cricket. Its more than annoying.
Instruments is just one example (and yeah, myself I'd much prefer the cricket without the darn things), I'm sure there are many far more trivial things that are banned at cricket whose banning does more harm than good.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Instruments is just one example (and yeah, myself I'd much prefer the cricket without the darn things), I'm sure there are many far more trivial things that are banned at cricket whose banning does more harm than good.
There may be some that are unfairly banned.

Id be interested in seeing a list and having a look.

Though things like flags that are waved should be banned as they impact the viewing of those behind them.

Certain idiots that both wave a flag and blow a horn make watching cricket a far less enjoyable experience.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
There may be some that are unfairly banned.

Id be interested in seeing a list and having a look.

Though things like flags that are waved should be banned as they impact the viewing of those behind them.

Certain idiots that both wave a flag and blow a horn make watching cricket a far less enjoyable experience.
'Tis the Caribbean way though. Got to have music blaring between overs and drums and horns and noise.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
'Tis the Caribbean way though. Got to have music blaring between overs and drums and horns and noise.
word out, watching cricket in the caribbean is the best. How anyone could debate that is beyond me. In England here in my lifetime only the Ashes summer was ever exciting.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watched this yesterday with a terrible hang over from my HS reunion the night before.
Must say I enjoyed the way the match went :p

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought you only enjoyed England losing stuff that mattered?
When England loses anything it matters. To me at least. :)

I think it mattered to the players - there were 20 million reasons for it to do so.

I thought Pietersen's comments after the match about the distractions of the week were interesting, and may well ultimately benefit the team in terms of what to focus on and not being distracted in situations where it does matter.

pasag

RTDAS
Would have been more then happy for England to win the money if they were the best limited overs side in the world. But the fact that they're pretty average plus their attitude during and after the affair made them losing it awesome.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Say what you will about Stanford but his side had a six week training camp, from 7 in the morning into 7 at night, the players were compulsorily drug tested and they had a strict curfew enforced. Imagine if that kind of professionalism was translated into the full West Indian side and onto the WICB...

Precambrian

Banned
Say what you will about Stanford but his side had a six week training camp, from 7 in the morning into 7 at night, the players were compulsorily drug tested and they had a strict curfew enforced. Imagine if that kind of professionalism was translated into the full West Indian side and onto the WICB...
Spot on. Hope these players dont lose their focus and try and do that to Windies cricket team also.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a shame Stanford has so many seemingly very silly ideas, as there's no doubt he could teach the WICB a few lessons which would help it immensely.