• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Srilanka and New Zealand LO tours to India - Jan 2023

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Will this quieten down those Indian fans that think Shubman shouldn't be in the 20/20 team? @honestbharani
He's really creaming it now, every ball is sailing away.

Edit: next ball flies for another 6
I mean, I still think we have better T20 openers coz you saw how much he struggled when the ball moves off the straight. He is an excellent aussie type batsman who loves pace and bounce, but turn and swing/seam movement always finds him wanting. And its not like he is super consistent like Virat either.

But yes, if Virat bows out of the format after the 2024 T20 WC, he should be a regular opener for us. I think for now, he is far more of an asset for us in ODIs and maybe Tests.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Will this quieten down those Indian fans that think Shubman shouldn't be in the 20/20 team? @honestbharani
He's really creaming it now, every ball is sailing away.

Edit: next ball flies for another 6
Nah this is only coz Sachin is in the stands today. :p
Nah but seriously maybe a few others also deserved chances to cement their places but it looks like we have our next all format batsman.

Socerer 01

International Captain
yeah the argument against Gill was that there were equally good options other than him and him focusing on the other two stronger formats for him made sense but if he can do this without losing form elsewhere then yeah he should have sealed his place

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I still feel disappointed that Shaw didn't get a game in this series and that Patidar has been sitting out since the SL series. Feels like a missed opportunity to find more unselfish players who have the right approach to white ball batting.

Socerer 01

International Captain
I still feel disappointed that Shaw didn't get a game in this series and that Patidar has been sitting out since the SL series. Feels like a missed opportunity to find more unselfish players who have the right approach to white ball batting.
again who do these two replace here? Shaw would have been in place of Gill and whilst there was an argument for that before Gill has shown that he deserved it

ashley bach

International Captain
Also Mitchell bowls the 20th over and gets a wicket only conceding 6 runs. He's seriously under rated as a bowler isn't he???
Would of thought winning a series in India would be a huge achievement but hey, let's not bowl our best bowler, and not give someone who would
obviously adapt better to the conditions one miserly over. Just don't get it sorry.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lot to like about this guy Lister for mine, even if he did let himself down at the end.

Tickner was Tickner, & the sooner the selectors just fess up to the secret photos he has on them, the better. It's beyond embarrassing at this point.

Lockie is still useful on his day & hasn't exactly been supported in the field, but he's not the white-ball bowler he was circa 2017-20.

Gill is obviously a very fine player, but geez we played into his hands at times. We're not skilled at the slower ball bouncer, or the wide outside off yorkers are we.

Anyway, chasing 12 an over, could be fun for a couple of overs.