• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Srilanka and New Zealand LO tours to India - Jan 2023

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Shubhman Gill MOTM

Hardik Pandya
POTS

Biggest margin of win in a T20I between two Full Member teams
168 runs Ind vs NZ Ahmedabad 2023 *
143 runs Ind vs Ire Dublin 2018
143 runs Pak vs WI Karachi 2018
137 runs Eng vs WI Basseterre 2019

- India have lost the first match of a bilateral T20I rubber (min 3 games) on ten occasions. They ended up winning seven of those series while two ended in stalemates (only defeat coming in New Zealand in 2019).

Lowest T20I totals for New Zealand
60 vs SL Chattogram 2014
60 vs Ban Mirpur 2021
66 vs Ind Ahmedabad 2023 *

Lowest T20I totals against India
66 by NZ Ahmedabad 2023 *
70 by Ire Dublin 2018
80 by Eng Colombo RPS 2012

Indian batter outscoring an opposition in a T20I
V Kohli (122*) vs Afghanistan (111/8) Dubai 2022
S Gill (126*) vs New Zealand (66) Ahmedabad 2023 *

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So both SL and NZ have never won a bilateral series in IND in any format ( excluding 1 off T20 match ) . Is there any other major team and country combination where a team hasn’t won any series?
SL and in Aus. Also Pakistan here uimm.

thundaboult

International Debutant
Well, wow, thats an embarrassing scorecard for us.....but we'll continue beating india majority of the times in WC's so all good there. Just hope we could perform better away and take a series or 2 in aus/ind. Lockie has def bowled lucklessly, pace is back, some moments there with the new ball bowling that look promising .... but since his comeback last year in august or so....its been slim pickings. He has faced WI, AUS, IND and PAK away ... some stern testing.

I like the look of lister. Can tickner and give him a run. Does more with the ball.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow, biggest win in t20is now after the biggest win in odis just in the last series vs Srilanka. This Indian team is sure setting some records.

G. S. Kohli

Well, wow, thats an embarrassing scorecard for us.....but we'll continue beating india majority of the times in WC's so all good there. Just hope we could perform better away and take a series or 2 in aus/ind. Lockie has def bowled lucklessly, pace is back, some moments there with the new ball bowling that look promising .... but since his comeback last year in august or so....its been slim pickings. He has faced WI, AUS, IND and PAK away ... some stern testing.

I like the look of lister. Can tickner and give him a run. Does more with the ball.
Worst by Black Cap especially they have to visit in pakistan for t20I in next 70 days they should good in Bowling/ Fielding or Batting.

S. Malik turn 41 yesterday, available for t20I -- only format he not yet retired.
Nz might face Sarfu in 5 ODI as well if Pakistan use Rizwan for t20i only or they keep both sarfu & Rizwan in ODI

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
there we go
Problem for Tickner as I think has been mentioned, is that his one weapon is a bit of pace, but international players can handle inaccurate 142-145km/h quite easily. Gill just dismissed balls in that range if they were overpitched or on leg stump.
I feel very thundaboultish asking this but....ugh....what speeds was Lister bowling?
130-137km/h
Watched his overs and they were... ok. Had 0/11 after first two overs but then got hit for three sixes when he came back at the death, which wrecked his figures. Tells him how fine the margins are at this level.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think Pakistan has won a bilateral series here have they?

I wasn't aware SL had won anything here. That's cute. Happy for them.

Moss

Watched the game at the stadium (my wife's family lives in Ahmedabad, cricket-wise definitely a good thing we make regular trips to the city). Was such a one-sided game that the crowd were actually willing NZ on to make a match of it. Macewell was fielding at the boundary near us and struck up a good rapport with the crowd, they cheered quite loudly when he took that catch, and when he came close to taking another brilliant effort. They were equally puzzled as to why he didn’t get to bowl more. Gill's innings was worth the price of admission but otherwise an embarrassingly forgettable game - the pitch was an absolute belter.

Given the number of T20s NZ play these days, can't be brushing off performances like yesterday's. Definitely a cause for concern, guess we can get into a deep dive on this on the Unoffical Black Caps thread. Congrats to India on unearthing some positives from the series,

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Watched the game at the stadium (my wife's family lives in Ahmedabad, cricket-wise definitely a good thing we make regular trips to the city). Was such a one-sided game that the crowd were actually willing NZ on to make a match of it. Macewell was fielding at the boundary near us and struck up a good rapport with the crowd, they cheered quite loudly when he took that catch, and when he came close to taking another brilliant effort. They were equally puzzled as to why he didn’t get to bowl more. Gill's innings was worth the price of admission but otherwise an embarrassingly forgettable game - the pitch was an absolute belter.

Given the number of T20s NZ play these days, can't be brushing off performances like yesterday's. Definitely a cause for concern, guess we can get into a deep dive on this on the Unoffical Black Caps thread. Congrats to India on unearthing some positives from the series,
You live in India?