• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah, I'm sorry, I guess. Randiv did a ****-ish thing and Indian supporters will call him a **** for a day, laughing at them and calling them sissies can lead to responses.
wtf... laughing? By a sissy fit i meant the tantrums some of you were putting up, calling you sissies makes no sense at all given the situation. More like Randiv was the sissy when he didn't want to be smashed on his last delivery.

Himannv

International Coach
Instead of "sissy fit" I said "cries and throws a tantrum" lol.. Pretty much made the same point. A whole halabaloo (love that word) about nothing.

Did someone mention the NRR?Seriously?If Randiv had bowled a few dot balls it would have helped Sri Lanka's NRR as HB pointed out.It was petulant on Randiv's and more particularly, Sanga's part as it seems to be he who gave the instructions to do that just before that ball.Shame really,he's such a fine cricketer and he does this....

In my mind,this is worse than the underarm incident.In the underarm incident the loophole in the law was exploited to make sure Aus won the match,but here Randiv and Sanga were ready to deny Sehwag a century even at the cost of improving their own NRR.It would be ironical if SL were to get knocked out because of a 0.01 diff in NRR or something.

All said and done,the matter should be closed though.Both SLC and Randiv and apologised and that should be that.I don't think Sehwag himself cares too much.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope Randiv has a **** international career averaging fifty with the ball and being dropped off the team in an year, then I want him to bowl pathetic drivel for one year in his domestic league and be dropped off his domestic team as well. WAC.
That is a nice dream. Randiv to be the best ODI spinner by 2013

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
There was something similar in an earlier test match with India in India. India scored 420 odd Srilanka scored 750 odd. Sachin and Laxman saved the game on the lat day. Sanga wanted the game to be called off before the mandatory overs but Sachin and India obviously wanted to play on as Sachin was near his hundred. Sanga went on to whine and deliberately asked his bowlers to bowl wide off the wicket. Sachin though was cool and crawled to his hundred.
So?

BeeGee

International Captain
First of all, Randiv's apology proves the no-ball was deliberate and not an accident (as some people have tried to suggest on this thread).

Secondly, I applaud the SLC and Randiv for apologizing. It was the right thing to do and now the incident can be forgotten and everyone can move on.

Thirdly, I believe that playing within the spirit of cricket is every bit as important as playing within the laws for cricket. It's one of the things that makes our sport unique and special. It will be a sad, sad day when the spirit of cricket is no longer regarded as important or relevant by players and officials.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First of all, Randiv's apology proves the no-ball was deliberate and not an accident (as some people have tried to suggest on this thread).

Secondly, I applaud the SLC and Randiv for apologizing. It was the right thing to do and now the incident can be forgotten and everyone can move on.

Thirdly, I believe that playing within the spirit of cricket is every bit as important as playing within the laws for cricket. It's one of the things that makes our sport unique and special. It will be a sad, sad day when the spirit of cricket is no longer regarded as important or relevant by players and officials.
Sums it up nicely.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year

My 2 cents goes like that,

1. Randiv was asked or ordered to apologize by SLC. Knowing Randiv, he's not that type of a person. He's a borderline prick, and plays the game hard. And Sehwag has not been nice to him through out the test series and was talking to him.

2. SLC licks balls of BCCI. They are worried of the backlash by BCCI in the form of $$$.

3. Other players are eying $$$ from IPL. They fear about their $$$ in the next auction. They would have pressurized Randiv to apologize.

Everything is because of $$$ and greed of SLC and some SL cricketers. Even if it was deliberate, there are bigger breaches of spirit of cricket happening.

I hope this will fire up Lankans, similar to what they did to England and KP. They should make Sehwag's life at the crease hell of a difficult one. Fernando was doing it, and so should others.

chicane

State Captain
Haha I hope everyone gets fired up and tries to make hell for the opposition. Makes for good cricket.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I don't know what people are trying to defend here. Randiv was being a dick here and apologized. End of matter. Comparing it to a bowler bowling Bradman seems pretty stupid. It wasn't also a case of trying to finish it quickly.

Sir Alex

Banned
Sangakkara, the real villain?

It is a shocking twist to the controversy in Sri Lanka. Even though the Sri Lankans have apologised for cheating Virender Sehwag of his century - it now emerges - that it was not the baller alone who was the villain. It now emerges that it was the captain - and the wicketkeeper who was the real villain. The stump mike audio catches Sri Lankan Captain Kumara Sangakkara tells bowler to ensure Sehwag doesnt get a run to make a century.

Visit the page to listen to the audio

Sangakkara, the real villain?-Cricket-Sports-TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos