• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in the West Indies

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Mendis modelled his bowling on Tendulkar, can bowl anything. Handy in a one man spin attack, can bowl everything.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
This Mendis looks like a decent find... he'll either fade quickly or be around a while. Hopefully the latter. He'd be really handy in Twenty20 as well.
Most people in Sri Lanka thought he would fade away quickly after his freakish start to his FC and OD careers. But instead he got selected in the Provincial tournment and out played pretty much every spinner and kept it going in FC. Hopefully he moves to a big club next season or the provincial tournment gets increased so we can what he is really capable. But all signs seem positive ATM.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chanderpaul, you beauty! Most under-rated one-day international batsman in the world. Cool as ever.

That Mendis character looks fantastic though! I was really impressed by him. Ramnaresh Sarwan looked totally at ease against Muralitharan and looked clueless for the most part against Mendis. The early signs are excellent as far as a successor to Murali goes.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Was watching it live, and though Miandad flashed through my mind, I never thought it would happen again.

Note to bowlers: DO NOT TRY TO BOWL A YORKER IN THIS SITUATION.

Just don't try it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also worth noting that Marlon Samuels is useless in his current state. His head doesn't look to be in it now that he can't bowl. He barely contributes in the field and is a walking wicket. I'd much rather see Chattergoon in the team. Devon Smith can drop to the middle order if the selectors insist on picking him. In fact, if not for Mendis, I'd prefer Morton in the team than either of them. But Morton would get eaten alive by Mendis.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And perhaps the first spinner ever to bowl the death overs on debut in an ODI...
Possibly Jeetan Patel?

I only watched the last two overs, glory-watcher that I am.

Missed watching Mendis, looks like I might have missed something special :(

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Dilshan's position in the Team must be really questioned .....the failure to include some of the others for this ODI series by the selectors is questionable ..ie MDK Perera and Warnapura...Because Mubarak is the only other option left in the ranks for this series Dilshan will continue to score peanuts and be part of the squad for eternity...:dry: :ph34r: