• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
When setting a field for a bouncer, wouldn't a double bluff be to bowl a bouncer, with the batsman assuming that the field is a bluff for a full one?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Cabinet is right
Unless it is just assumed you will bowl a full one next so it is a double bluff to do so.
Ie assume you will go for the Yorker since you have set the field on the hook, the bluff is to bowl a bouncer anyway and double bluff is to bowl full

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Sri Lanka, a fairly good day for them. Good econ rates (below) by NZ mean they'll still be in some trouble with early wickets tomorrow though.

Bracewell: 1.81
Santner: 1.97
Southee: 2.18
Boult: 2.37
Wagner: 4.07

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Impressed and surprised about Santa's economy. Expected the little lankans to take a liking to whatever spinner we played.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Hope NZ don't regret that drop by KW. Normally such a safe pair of hands.

Need to get 4chan out early tomorrow, and the keep striking regularly. If we don't get at least 3 wickets in the morning session tomorrow then this is done.

I know it was only his last 2 overs, but Boult was bowling such puss, its starting to become alarming. He had a ball that was offering significant reverse and he spent the entire over hammering it in on a shortish length. Then he got the new cherry and proceeded to spray it all over the place at 128 kmh. Time's running out for him to find his rhythm.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Judging by the thread, before I checked the score, I thought Sri Lanka had scored 300.

Decent day for them but NZ will be in a winning position so long as they're batting by tea tomorrow.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
If Kane had taken that we'd be all over them at 5 down and a new ball. At least with the difference in run rates we should still have a decent lead (and a big one if Chandimal goes earlyish).

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah - even off rhythm he's at least as dangerous as Bracewell and Wagner, much less anyone else.
I don't mean it in terms of keeping his place, I mean it in terms of beating Australia. We're not going to win that series with Boult bowling like he is now.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Judging by the thread, before I checked the score, I thought Sri Lanka had scored 300.
Yeah there's been a little exaggeration, NZ still in a great position providing they can get two wickets with the new ball in the morning, which is quite achievable.

Decent day for them but NZ will be in a winning position so long as they're batting by tea tomorrow.
Though we really want to be batting as soon after lunch as possible - it's quite likely batting will just get easier and easier this match and it will be hard to bowl SL out the second time.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think Kudos to Sri Lanka. Only gave up 4 wickets in a day of batting. Seems like a good test match so far. Sri Lanka winning some fans on this tour.

No comments on the bowling other than by scoreboard watching all day Santner may be a real discovery from a bowling point of view.

If you can be economical in tests you will get wickets.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hope NZ don't regret that drop by KW. Normally such a safe pair of hands.

I have been thinking of small targets. If they get to 250-4 then they should make 450ish from there. If we can chip out another 1-2 wickets before they get to 250 then we will wrap them up for around 350.

That wicket, Kane's drop, would have been really really handy. And what is annoying is that Bracewell, who I proudly said is becoming a very cerebral bowler, set him up for it. First the sucker ball well wide of the batsman, then the semi sucker ball closer into the stumps, and the batsman took the bait hit it in the air, except quite frankly Kane was asleep at the wheel and wasn't expecting a catch.

Not good. Dropped catches seem to punish New Zealand more than they do other teams. Sp I am actually expecting it to hurt us. We should be practising our fielding more than any other team in the world. We should aim to be the best fielding team by daylight. That would make me happy.

Right now I have us in the top 3 teams anyway. But I want us to be number 1.