• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official**** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2014/2015

bill8164

School Boy/Girl Captain
WHAT A CATCH!!! Williamson at Gully wow!!! Matthews out :) Dove to his left grabbed it once dropped it and then took on the second take. :)

Blocky

Banned
Credit where it's due, he's bowling a great length for this wicket and like Pradeep for the Sri Lankans, seems to be the only two getting the ball through to the keeper. Still have to say it's batsman error more so than bowling masterclass, but then that's what Wagner profits on too.

thierry henry

International Coach
Love having Craig Mack and Big Daddy Kane in the side. An infusion of old-school hip hop is apparently what we needed all along.

Viddly

Cricket Spectator
Game over like we both said when McCullum was dismissed on Day 3?

That wicket took SL's chance of winning from something like 2% to 1% in my mind. Though my comment was also directed at pushing for a win rather than petering out as a draw.
Agree with this. SL were never really in it today, even if Sanga got 100 they still needed 300 from somewhere. He got 200 in the 1st and they still only got 350.

Sorry Blocky, I think you're miles off. Understandable if you're a long time NZ follower but this is a different team to what we're used to. From here I wouldn't be surprised if it's all over by tea.

Last edited:

Blocky

Banned
Well, if Sri Lanka keep playing like New Zealanders of past generations and flinging the bat at wide ones outside off stump early in their innings, you'll be right in that assessment.

With both Matthews and Sangakkara back in the shed at lunch though, it would be a disappointment if this side can't capitalise and make it count from here.

Blocky

Banned
New Zealand must be the best catching side in the world at the moment, with exception of Ross Taylor shelling that sitter and McCullum dropping an uncharacteristic dolly in the first innings, you've seen Boult pull in some all time great catches this year, Williamson seems to snag one or two a series every series, McCullum himself takes some great catches, BJ very rarely ever drops anything, Craig and Neesham have been solid in the slips.

We don't really have a single weak fielder in the side at the moment and we have a few that are absolutely superb.