• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in India

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, I just read the headline on BBC which was something like "Brilliant Tendulkar leads India to victory" and thought "haha, unlucky Cribb."

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The game was already won. All he had to do was block two balls and Tendulkar would have probably gotten his hundred. Instead he tries to hog the limelight and goes for a six.
Tendulkar had the opportunity to do exactly the same 2 ball previously but picked out long on on the bounce.

jeevan

International 12th Man
To add to Tendulkar's 45 ODI hundreds, this is his 18th score in the 90s. (Six of them in 2007, of course).

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be fair Karthick had no fielders in the deep to worry about, Sri Lanka were clearly determined to stop Sachin getting a hundred. Would not really blame Karthick though, they put the field up so he it over it. Sachin really should have taken the powerplay but overall he was unlucky not to get a hundred, did not get much of the strike for large periods, scored at a good rate.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
To be fair Karthick had no fielders in the deep to worry about, Sri Lanka were clearly determined to stop Sachin getting a hundred. Would not really blame Karthick though, they put the field up so he it over it. Sachin really should have taken the powerplay but overall he was unlucky not to get a hundred, did not get much of the strike for large periods, scored at a good rate.
True.

If it were me, I'd be disappointed not to reach the 100, but I'd far rather score 96* in a victory than 175 in a defeat.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Woo! India won, and with ease. Ishant was up in the 140s once more today - although his ODI bowling still needs serious work, that is a good sign. Ashish Nehra helped pull the game back in the early overs and is proving a useful ODI asset. Jadeja was of course the star - he may be raw, but I feel that, like Yuvraj Singh, he may just about come very good in the end. We must not underrate the performance of Sehwag and Harbhajan with the ball either, as they helped wrestle the initiative away from Sri Lanka in the second powerplay onwards. Harbhajan has been a star in recent times and he continues along those lines and I have (along with most people, I'm sure) thought for a long time that Sehwag is a good off spinner who gets a fair bit of drift and turn - he should bowl more in Test cricket, on that note.

The batsmen did their thing too, but that is really, to be expected.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
True.

If it were me, I'd be disappointed not to reach the 100, but I'd far rather score 96* in a victory than 175 in a defeat.
Yeah and I am sure Sachin would as well, he obviously values his landmarks and I have no doubt that he really wants to make 100 international centuries. but he is no way a selfish player.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
What the hell is wrong with Karthik? Hitting a six in those circumstances is a real act of jerkishness.
lol.. I thought he set it up very cleverly.. Sachin was on 96* with 2 needed to win.. Unfortunately his attempted defensive stroke went for four coz Sanga cud not dive to it and they had the fine leg up.. :) Was really funny to see his reaction after hitting the winning runs.. Sachin seemed extremely amused too. And I am sure he would take 96* in wins than his 150 odd in losing causes.. :)

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The game was already won. All he had to do was block two balls and Tendulkar would have probably gotten his hundred. Instead he tries to hog the limelight and goes for a six.
No 'i' in team, etc. If the shot was on, he had to take it. Can only imagine the hell he'd have caught if he'd tried to just block the ball and gotten out or any number of other scenarios.

ret

International Debutant
On Sachin not being able to get his 100

I would have liked to see him get one too, but not by the guy at the other end having to restrict his game. Can't blame Karthik for going for it. In fact I like it when players play w/o considering personal milestones. By playing well, if the milestone comes then it's great!

Like what many have said, Sachin would rather take a 96* in a winning cause then a 100 in a losing one